• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

ok, found it, march 17th

Re: " was there an Action #1 and/or Detective #1 and/or Detective #27 in the collection?"

In answer to your question: No, No, and Yes

so, that only means in this Washington DC collection...doesn't nec mean he didn't pick them up along the way elsewhere...

what say you BZ?....seems lots of folks are looking to know if

1) you still have a Tec 27

2) you have an Action 1

3) you have a Suspense 3

just paraphrasing for the hungry and underpriveledged (doesn't include you bedrock!)

personally, I will answer for me...

1-yes

2-sold it in 1995

3-never

gator

More importantly...does BZ have a Marvel 1?

ok, found it, march 17th

Re: " was there an Action #1 and/or Detective #1 and/or Detective #27 in the collection?"

In answer to your question: No, No, and Yes

so, that only means in this Washington DC collection...doesn't nec mean he didn't pick them up along the way elsewhere...

what say you BZ?....seems lots of folks are looking to know if

1) you still have a Tec 27

2) you have an Action 1

3) you have a Suspense 3

just paraphrasing for the hungry and underpriveledged (doesn't include you bedrock!)

personally, I will answer for me...

1-yes

2-sold it in 1995

3-never

gator

1-never

2-never

3-never

I am trying to remember if there is a page in this thread where we all speculated on what Bangzoom had for breakfast?

I am trying to remember if there is a page in this thread where we all speculated on what Bangzoom had for breakfast?

Post 223. tec27 argued for toast and coffee but I countered that presence of the Pep run was an indicator of a carnivore and that bacon or, possibly eggs -- he does collect Four Colors after all, would have to be involved.

Little known facts:

Detective Eye was one of many comics seeking to capitalize on the success of Batman. It was followed in quick succession by Trigger Finger, Nose for Danger, and Flatfoot.

Later, after leaving comic books behind, the wandering Eye moved to the west coast to seek new adventures. Initially living with friends in the Maywood section of LA, the Eye hooked up with a colorful group of characters and was a key player in the burgeoning Hot Rod scene. He later served as a mentor to a young artist by the name of Von Dutch.

eyeball1in.jpg

Together they revolutionized the art of pinstriping.

True story. wink.gif

detectiveye2.jpg

My father had a Von Dutch flying flaming eye ball on his motor cycle gas tank back in the mid 1950s. I am impressed BZ knows of Von Dutch. Pop and Rick Griffin had a conversation about Von Dutch the first time they met in my Rick Griffin art gallery in The Cannery of Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco back in 1991.

Little known facts:

Detective Eye was one of many comics seeking to capitalize on the success of Batman. It was followed in quick succession by Trigger Finger, Nose for Danger, and Flatfoot.

Later, after leaving comic books behind, the wandering Eye moved to the west coast to seek new adventures. Initially living with friends in the Maywood section of LA, the Eye hooked up with a colorful group of characters and was a key player in the burgeoning Hot Rod scene. He later served as a mentor to a young artist by the name of Von Dutch.

eyeball1in.jpg

Together they revolutionized the art of pinstriping.

True story. wink.gif

detectiveye2.jpg

Great read, and a wonderful copy!!!

Did you find any Audrey's for me 893crossfingers-thumb.gifdapopcorn.gif

Audrey Hepburn is outside of my collecting parameters but I do happen to have the following:

The Nun's Story 6-Sheet nuns_story6-sheet.jpg

The Nun's Story 1-Sheet nuns_story1-sheet.jpg

Love in the Afternoon Insert love_in_afternoon_insert.jpg

I probably have some other titles too, but the above photos were already in my files and easily accessible.