• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Obviously, Rick Griffin was reading Centaurs, and was a student of Von Dutch

BG-105-eyeball-handbill.jpg

Why do I have the feeling BZ is now going to pull out some mint Beatles concert posters from 1964? foreheadslap.gif

Why do I have the feeling BZ is now going to pull out some mint Beatles concert posters from 1964? foreheadslap.gif

Nah, that would be EASY. I'm thinking some Sun Records label Elvis 45s, maybe a couple Warlock albums. Oh, and the original Robert Johnson 78s from 1937.

If you do pull those out, btw, I'm going to have a heart attack.

Nah, that would be EASY. I'm thinking some Sun Records label Elvis 45s, maybe a couple Warlock albums. Oh, and the original Robert Johnson 78s from 1937.

If it wasn't so late, I'd be tempted to take a photo of my Blind Lemon Jefferson on Paramount or a group of Sun Records.

Instead...this will have to do.

Beatles.jpg

The Beatles first recording (promo copy).

If it wasn't so late, I'd be tempted to post a photo of my Blind Lemon Jefferson on Paramount or a group of Sun Records.

Beatles.jpg

893whatthe.gif Now I'm impressed! Forget all those old funny books, this is something to show off (just kidding, of course). But that is amazing!

Angelo

Here's more info from Tony Sheridan bio:

With his 1961 recording of "My Bonnie," Tony Sheridan forever secured rock roll immortality; while the song was certainly a respectable hit during its heyday, its place in music history is instead assured as the first studio session to feature the Beatles...

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Tony%20Sheridan:1927022331:page=biography

I'm really amazed at the vastness and depth of your collection: comics, OA, pulps, HC's, movie posters, records. What else do you collect? Do you have a vintage automobile collection, too?

Angelo

See, if I were Bangzoom, which I'm not, because I just checked my collection and it's pitiful and tiny...but if I were, I'd save the big guns for the end of the show and keep everyone on the edge of their seats.

That sounds like a good plan. smoker.gif

I'm really amazed at the vastness and depth of your collection: comics, OA, pulps, HC's, movie posters, records. What else do you collect ...

Confession:

My name is Bangzoom and I'm a collecting addict. tongue.gif

If it wasn't so late, I'd be tempted to take a photo of my Blind Lemon Jefferson on Paramount or a group of Sun Records.

Beatles.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

WOW.......Bangzoom for President!!!!!!!!

Nah, that would be EASY.

Yeah, so easy they're going for $132,000

Easy to find, if you have the cash. I'm stunned by the Tony Sheridan 45. That's amazing. What's next, an original Declaration of Independence copy? The Magna Charta?

Nah, that would be EASY.

Easy to find, if you have the cash. I'm stunned by the Tony Sheridan 45. That's amazing. What's next, an original Declaration of Independence copy? The Magna Charta?

Probably more like the Ten Commandments stone tablets. gossip.gif

Nah, that would be EASY.

i'd be more impressed if he had a "rainbow" copy of that 45.

which i'm sure he does

See, if I were Bangzoom, which I'm not, because I just checked my collection and it's pitiful and tiny...but if I were, I'd save the big guns for the end of the show and keep everyone on the edge of their seats.

Yeah - like fireworks! On the other hand, I'm not sure there is an 'end of the show' coming... by the time BZ runs outta stuff to scan and post, he could just start over at the beginning, and our children (who by then will have inherited our accounts) will never know the difference...