• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Holy poop on a stick, that's AWESOME!

What do you do, sleep in a closet upstairs, with the rest of the house loaded with floor-to-ceiling stacks of comics, pulps, and memorabilia? Or do you live in the Biltmore mansion? It's got to be one or the other.

I share a bed with a family of squirrels in the backyard. lol

More pulps please. :popcorn:

Jeff, given your current avatar, I have a special pulp in mind for you.

:gossip:

The Flash Gordon pulp?!! :o

Yes. :applause:

Cool -- can't wait to see it! :cloud9:

I've been thinking a lot lately about taking a break from comics and delving into pulps a little bit and the Flash Gordon Strange Adventures Mag is right up at the top of my want list.

wimbledongreen-1.jpg

:applause::cloud9:

(You know, this might be the first image posted in this thread that actually resembles something I own!)

I'm not familiar with Wimbledon Green but its subtitle, "The Greatest Comic Book Collector in the World," reminds me of Supersnipe.

supersnipega.jpg

wimbledongreen-1.jpg

(You know, this might be the first image posted in this thread that actually resembles something I own!)

I'm not familiar with Wimbledon Green but its subtitle, "The Greatest Comic Book Collector in the World," reminds me of Supersnipe.

supersnipega.jpg

That was my first thought when I saw it too.

It's a fun read. Check your local library for a copy -- that's what I did. It looks like you already have enough stuff to store. (Probably the same thing Ms Zoom says.)

Jack

It looks like you already have enough stuff to store.

More than enough. Let me know when you have that rummage sale. :wishluck:

:gossip: Love the pulps!

wimbledongreen-1.jpg

supersnipega.jpg

supersnipe :cloud9: Do you have the V1#9 hitler cover too...you already showed me your v1#8....gotta love em. Also do you have the late V4 issues and the V2#1 Gerber no show?

supersnipega.jpg

supersnipe :cloud9: Do you have the V1#9 hitler cover too...you already showed me your v1#8....gotta love em. Also do you have the late V4 issues and the V2#1 Gerber no show?

I have issue # 9 (Hitler cover) and V2 # 1 (not pictured in Gerber). (thumbs u

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Wimbledon Green is a must read for anyone who enjoys Golden Age comics.

I read a review of it here.

Review

It sounds like something I would enjoy.

I'm going to ask the library to try to get it and "It’s a Good Life if You Don’t Weaken" as interlibrary loans.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Wimbledon Green is a must read for anyone who enjoys Golden Age comics.

I read a review of it here.

Review

It sounds like something I would enjoy.

I'm going to ask the library to try to get it and "It’s a Good Life if You Don’t Weaken" as interlibrary loans.

Great choice - "It's a Good Life..." is a very powerful GN.