• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

band.gif

lol Love the band. Can't wait to see your copy :popcorn:

I recognized all three, but you beat me to the punch every time. It's funny, I can recognize a ton of GA covers from fairly tiny pieces, but I couldn't identify an interior panel to save my life. That's much more impressive in my opinion....or much more dorky. Can't decide which.

band.gif

lol Love the band. Can't wait to see your copy :popcorn:

I recognized all three, but you beat me to the punch every time. It's funny, I can recognize a ton of GA covers from fairly tiny pieces, but I couldn't identify an interior panel to save my life. That's much more impressive in my opinion....or much more dorky. Can't decide which.

It's soooo true that I've been lucky with timing on these last few quizzes. The Cap was real easy. The Mystery Men was tougher because I had forgotten what run Rex Dexter appeared in. The Superworld had me scrambling a little more until the second sliver of the cover.

Overall I agree, it is scary we can spot the covers from such small pieces. The Cap one was a tiny detail and yet we both knew right away. Congrats on your almost-wins :devil:

It's funny, I can recognize a ton of GA covers from fairly tiny pieces, but I couldn't identify an interior panel to save my life. That's much more impressive in my opinion....or much more dorky. Can't decide which.

Let's see if at least you can ID an artist and establish how dorky you are. One and all can guess. Who drew this page? -

48144-ArtistGuess1.jpg.e8c62769ce5775f4ad4ba9c48e5edf64.jpg

It's funny, I can recognize a ton of GA covers from fairly tiny pieces, but I couldn't identify an interior panel to save my life. That's much more impressive in my opinion....or much more dorky. Can't decide which.

Let's see if at least you can ID an artist and establish how dorky you are. One and all can guess. Who drew this page? -

I cheated and looked it up. I expected to be more surprised.

Jack

I cheated and looked it up. I expected to be more surprised.

(shrug) You confused me here. You're saying that you were not surprised by the answer. I will agree that once you know the answer it becomes obvious.

I meant that since you asked, it would turn out to be someone totally out of left field. Don Heck or Jack Sparling or primordial Rob Liefeld or such.

Too much double-think. It's a fine quiz. Carry on.

Jack

I have scans from 236 different series from 4 Most to Zoot but not a single one for Superworld. Let me look around but I doubt I'll find any as I would already have downloaded them.

I'll post a few photos of pages from # 2 if you can't turn up any scans.

Allow me!!!

I have a couple panels photo'd ... its not much, but its all I have handy. The Paul stories are just wonderful ...

Hope you enjoy this little taster!

suppanel1.jpg

suppanel2.jpg

Thanks, Ryan.

Those panels are quite the tease.

Too bad Paul never illustrated a comic strip.

2054948780_3dd63dd657_b.jpg

BZ,

I will try a quiz if you don't mind.

Does anyone recognize the artist of this mad scientist adventure? Is it too easy? Perhaps one panel would have been enough but I wanted to show the strange looking monsters too.

bb