• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

My curiosity about the scarcity of certain issues of Amazing Mystery Funnies was piqued after reading recent comments about the title.

I was surprised to discover how few have been submitted to CGC for grading

Here are the total numbers for each issue as listed in the census.

I thought some of you might find the low numbers interesting.

ISSUE - CENSUS COUNT

#1 - (3)

#2 - (1)

#3 - (1)

#4 - (0)

v2#1 (1)

v2#2 (0)

v2#3 (2)

v2#4 (0)

v2#5 (3)

v2#6 (1)

v2#7 (11)

v2#8 (1)

v2#9 (5)

v3#1 (2)

#18 (1)

#19 (2)

#20 (4)

#21 (1)

#22 (1)

#23 (0)

#24 (2)

The series has long been one of my favorites.

Centaurman has posted his "Windex" ranking of scarcity and there are some tough issues in the series, except for 2/7 which seems to be common as dirt. Or at least as common as Centaurs get.

My curiosity about the scarcity of certain issues of Amazing Mystery Funnies was piqued after reading recent comments about the title.

ISSUE - CENSUS COUNT

#1 - (3)

#2 - (1)

#3 - (1)

#4 - (0)

v2#1 (1)

v2#2 (0)

v2#3 (2)

v2#4 (0)

v2#5 (3)

v2#6 (1)

v2#7 (11)

v2#8 (1)

v2#9 (5)

v3#1 (2)

#18 (1)

#19 (2)

#20 (4)

#21 (1)

#22 (1)

#23 (0)

#24 (2)

I noticed that Bedrock's Church copy (CGC 9.4) of Vol.2 No.10 is missing from this list. Maybe CGC hasn't updated it recently!!!! Anyway a lot of Centaur titles could be added to this list also as none graded!!!

I had a few more scans available that I made earlier and I hoped someone could help me fix one of them. Lulu almost always wore a red dress but don't you think that she could have switched to green for this Christmas cover. Can someone fix that (Flee?) color arangement? Red background and Green dress perhaps??

I found a nice greeting card on the back of Bugs Bunny Christmas Parade 3. And a neat interior scan (usually requested by Jack).

Merry Christmas again.

Bruce

2130096532_cd629ceb93_b.jpg

Just now noticed this. Happy Holidays!

littlelulu.gif

I noticed that Bedrock's Church copy (CGC 9.4) of Vol.2 No.10 is missing from this list. Maybe CGC hasn't updated it recently!!!! Anyway a lot of Centaur titles could be added to this list also as none graded!!!

I just got it graded a couple of weeks ago. I am sure they haven't had a chance to update the census yet.

ISSUE - CENSUS COUNT

#1 - (3)

#2 - (1)

#3 - (1)

#4 - (0)

v2#1 (1)

v2#2 (0)

v2#3 (2)

v2#4 (0)

v2#5 (3)

v2#6 (1)

v2#7 (11)

v2#8 (1)

v2#9 (5)

v3#1 (2)

#18 (1)

#19 (2)

#20 (4)

#21 (1)

#22 (1)

#23 (0)

#24 (2)

Centaurman has posted his "Windex" ranking of scarcity and there are some tough issues in the series, except for 2/7 which seems to be common as dirt. Or at least as common as Centaurs get.

...one of my favs too BZ.

Funny how Overstreet singles out 2/7 as scarce!!

Maybe its time to see BZ's AMF's again ... what a collection!!! That 2/4 blew my mind!! :cloud9: (I'm sure Blind Owl wouldn't object... were you around for the first posting?)

Flee,

Thanks for working on the Lulu cover. It looks great. I had a few other left over Chrismas covers in my golden age box. I don't know if anyone posted the LB Cole Night Before Christmas cover or the first issue of Walt Kelly's Christmas with Mother Goose. But they deserve another look anyway and I hope you all have a Happy New Year. And to get the year started (a little early) with a bang. How about some Capt. Marvel Jr.? Issue 4 had an exciting cover.

bb

2143913347_389d555051_b.jpg

2143913633_238c1a6dfe_b.jpg

2144709206_d530808665_b.jpg