• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Bill Everett lettering?

It does look like B Everett lettering! tall, and slanty.

I love Everett lettering, BTW!! :golfclap:

I look like Everett lettering! :acclaim:

You talk about layout ... the Iron Skull story drawn earlier (published Oct. 1939) is a lot more dynamic than the White Streak story from March 1940.

Overall I think Burgos' storytelling skills (ala Caniff or Toth) are better displayed in the White Streak story although I do like the imagery on this particular Iron Skull page.

55758-AM6-IM3.jpg

Well, that single page to me is better than the entire White Streak story. It's no surprise you singled out the same page. (thumbs u

What I find funny is that with seemingly everyone around here owning a copy of Amazing Man # 6, no one is mentioning what's probably the best looking story in that book, the Gustavson Congo War-Drum which is head-and-shoulders above the others in that issue -

55788-AM6-CWD1.jpg

55789-AM6-CWD2.jpg

55790-AM6-CWD3.jpg

55791-AM6-CWD4.jpg

55792-AM6-CWD5.jpg

55793-AM6-CWD7.jpg

55794-AM6-CWD8.jpg

What I find funny is that with seemingly everyone around here owning a copy of Amazing Man # 6, no one is mentioning what's probably the best looking story in that book, the Gustavson Congo War-Drum which is head-and-shoulders above the others in that issue -

That is a *great* story Michael (thnx for posting), though I do believe the A-Man story (by Everett) in this issue is a classic.

As a book, Amazing Man #6 is just loaded! :headbang:

2379341358_d06c800d89_b.jpg

I thought I would post this Ad for the mysterious issue 5 of Flash Gordon. The original art looks better than the crude cover that appeared in the ad.

bb

Cool, thanks for posting this! Crude or not, I'd love to see the original too. BB, do you have a scan of a real copy? I've never even seen a pic of one.

2379341358_d06c800d89_b.jpg

I thought I would post this Ad for the mysterious issue 5 of Flash Gordon.

Thanks for posting the ad. :applause:

Do you know any specifics about that issue?

I was wondering if it was printed in color; number of pages, etc.

100_1513.jpg

Thanks for the reminder. :applause:

That's a phenomenal story.

Especially memorable are the last three pages. :gossip:

Looks like a good'n. Was the whole story posted here? (Link if you know where it is?)

Thanks,

Jack

Sorry, Scrooge, I just couldn't find my copy. I must have stuck in in with the mid-grade Valiants.

Nice looking story!

Jack