• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
21 21

18,204 posts in this topic

Scrooge, are you submitting these paperback cover sources to GCD?

:blush: No. I didn't even think of it ... plus I don't have the editing power of you, oh estimed editor. Go for them! (thumbs u

OK, the first round is entered. Send more!

Thanks,

Jack

Scrooge, are you submitting these paperback cover sources to GCD?

:blush: No. I didn't even think of it ... plus I don't have the editing power of you, oh estimed editor. Go for them! (thumbs u

OK, the first round is entered. Send more!

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THIS!!!

Avon #456

Jack

70048.jpg.8ef8083af5c96da1873be080b1457551.jpg

70049.jpg.dfb4534c287949c035e0c8c4e99a188e.jpg

BZ,

I couldn't find the cover in the Gerber guide and I didn't recognize the character when you added him in the last clue. But I knew that Famous Funnies had some additional Sci Fi covers that weren't in Gerber so Iooked at the GCD files. Sounds simple but I checked several other titles first. It was tough for me. Do you know who did the art and how long the character lasted?

bb

Barney Carr, Space Detective had a short life.

According to Overstreet, he appeared only in Famous Funnies #'s 191 and 192.

The story published in #191 was later reprinted in Space Detective Comics #8 (I. W. Publishing; Super Comics, 1958).

I don't know who did the art. Whoever it was, it was someone different than who drew the cover.

I noticed the story was in an IW reprint of Space Detective, which I don't have anymore (and forgotten completely).

I think Barney was overshadowed by the Avon character that was drawn by Wood.

I am guessing that Fawcette did the FF cover.

He did several nice science fiction covers of that time and Flash Gordon for King comics if I remember correctly.

bb