• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I never really look for vintage paperbacks anymore - but here are a few I picked up years ago - when I briefly checked ebay for them.

gangswamp.jpg

marimob.jpg

Very nice books. They're in beautiful condition. :applause:

Swamp Girl was originally titled "No Nation Girl?" :P

If you have more, please share. drool1.gif

Did you miss the link I put in an earlier post (last night) to a complete (?) paperback cover scan database? That's where I found all those. Check it out. (thumbs u

1914 - German cartoon - The (German) young man, cast as a fifth-century tribesman calls his brothers to arm against the Huns. While it's well known that the British called the Germans, the Huns, irony has it that the German themselves called the Soviets, the Huns. I never knew that. The cartoon shows that in 1914, the Germans "were deeply fearful of the impeding Russian invasion of their own country, for they often perceived Russians as little more than savages."

69955.jpg.42663478e66ea8416fec4f320f4e64e0.jpg

July 2 1918 - Der Grosse Baal from Simplicissimus, Munich.

The two figures on the left, Marianne and King George V are beggin President Wilson to allow them to seek peace but Wilson replies: "First pay!"

While it's true that the European forces were "at the mercy" of the US allies for the victory, they had already successfully stopped the most recent German offensive and were not at the point of wanting to achieve peace at any price. It still remains that both France and the U.K. were already deeply indebted to the US by that time.

The truth here BZ is that Douglas has 3 books in his series of Cartoonists' Vision:

1) The Great War, 1914 - 1918

2) Between the Wars, 1919 - 1939

3) The World War, 1939 - 1945

Tonight's 3 cartoons came each from a different volume :)

69956.jpg.4db9f0f2ab618b35e3b8e4659f766f78.jpg

Did you miss the link I put in an earlier post (last night) to a complete (?) paperback cover scan database? That's where I found all those. Check it out. (thumbs u

My thirst isn't for the paperback cover, it's for the matching comic book cover. :makepoint:

The truth here BZ is that Douglas has 3 books in his series of Cartoonists' Vision:

1) The Great War, 1914 - 1918

2) Between the Wars, 1919 - 1939

3) The World War, 1939 - 1945

Tonight's 3 cartoons came each from a different volume :)

I see I'll be keeping the interlibrary loan system busy. :o

How about you do a little research.

:signofftopic::frustrated:

(shrug)

I know the first one was used. The title is escaping me right now. I do recall it's issue # 1 ... I believe it's # 1 in the series with the garrish over-priced yellow background cover reprint that Steve (showcase_4) had earlier this year.

The other 2 are from: Campus Romance # 2 and this one shot: For a Night of Love -

69959.jpg.1da835f4764d7afc551ae9e567ad5220.jpg

I know the first one was used. The title is escaping me right now. I do recall it's issue # 1 ... I believe it's # 1 in the series with the garrish over-priced yellow background cover reprint that Steve (showcase_4) had earlier this year.

Well, that certainly narrows the search. toetap.gif