• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

unclewiggily04.jpg

WOW! What a lovely story and this page is perfect for a Chinese New Year's celebration! Maybe my favorite page of the story.

Nice to see return appearances by Pipsisewah and the Skeezicks. So many great details in the story -- even the dancing ladybugs in the last panel.

Thanks for scanning and posting!

Jack

"Smoley Hokes!"

During WWII even the bugs in Animal Comics were fighting battles with Japanese enemies.

beetle1.jpg

WOW! Great stuff. Is that from Animal Comics 4? That's some amazing kiddie propaganda. I like the Japanese flags on the backs of the beetles.

Any idea who drew it (besides Bumblebrain)?

Maybe I should change my userid to Bumblebrain -- shiverbones can change his usual expletive to "Smoley Hokes!"

Jack

WOW! Great stuff. Is that from Animal Comics 4?

Jack

The Uncle Wiggily story I posted yesterday is from Animal Comics #4.

The Beetle Battle story is from #6.

Thanks.

I wish there were cover to cover reprints of the series. Kelly reprints do well -- I wonder if it could happen.

Jack

I wish there were cover to cover reprints of the series. Kelly reprints do well -- I wonder if it could happen.

I'd love to see them reprinted.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there are enough potential readers to make it worth a publisher's financial risk.

Here is a sample from another Bug story. It's very entertaining.

I have no idea who was the artist.

bugaboo.jpg

Animal Comics #4