• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

3242131147_1cb2d7ee8f.jpg

You turn up some neat stuff, BB. :applause:

I've never heard of Talking Komics.

Here is some information I found via the magic of my computer. :grin:

From kiddierecords.com:

BELDA TALKING KOMICS:

This rare series had a similar concept to Capitol and RCA read-along albums except rather than the storybook being part of the album, the young listener received a separate comic book to follow as the record played. A total of eight Talking Komics titles were released along with the "Mysto-Magic" record, which would play a different nursery tune every time! Chirpy Cricket features the voice of Daws Butler, whose long list of cartoon characters include Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Wally Gator and Elroy Jetson. Actor Marvin Miller's (Grumpy Shark) distinguished career included film and voice work, including Aquaman and several other cartoons.

chirpycricketcomic.jpg

Listen to Chirpy Cricket: Link

HitComics8.jpg

15.jpg

52.jpg

34.jpg

Golden Age comics really are addictive, aren't they?

Jack

I love your new comic. :applause:

Quality Comics seem to be generally overlooked by collectors. I don't know why. There is a vast wealth of great stories between their covers. Lots of Lou Fine, Jack Cole, Paul Gustavson, etc.

I think the "gosh wow" factor is more pronounced in Golden Age comics compared to other eras. The artwork is often primitive but, quite often, exceptionally interesting visually.

Zepplin is from Wings 36. And I don't believe it is historical. Zuper Zepplins like Super Planes were not part of WWII.

Although I did see a German plane with 12 engines I think. 6 forward and 6 reverse. What a monster.

bb

3245927480_0e520b64a8_o.jpg

Incredible centerfold!

My father used to collect stamps and I remember reading in one of his philatelic periodicals about individuals who specialized in collecting stamps that pictured zeppelins.

Are there any comic covers that feature zeppelins? I can't think of any.

My father used to collect stamps and I remember reading in one of his philatelic periodicals about individuals who specialized in collecting stamps that pictured zeppelins.

This is the first one I thought of. I doubt it's the only one. Is there an LB Cole war cover w/ a blimp?

Jack

73384.jpg.9266a2d1888b4ce22b60c96a031755e1.jpg

This is the first one I thought of. I doubt it's the only one. ...

'nother

Jack

73391.jpg.5878718d982a30fd0f5613964b25682f.jpg

This is the first one I thought of. I doubt it's the only one. ...

'nother

Better one. I can't remember where's the LB Cole. Maybe a falsely implanted memory.

Jack

73392.jpg.3a0d5f54eebd6e0893d2301c76e8633f.jpg

I don't recall any other Zeppelins that haven't been shown but I do have a scan of Wolverton's Space Hawk vs. the Zeppelin.

bb

The writer says dirigible which would be incorrect since the ship as drawn by Wolverton had an internal skeleton.

1925784835_24353315a2_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

3249303700_0480a6a54b_o.jpg

Blackhawk likes balloons too, but he could have used a parachute for that jump.

And Jules Verne envisioned something like a Zeppelin for one or two of his stories.

3248476259_7cb6f96395_o.jpg

Scans from the GCD.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun