• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I'm looking forward to seeing that book.

I've been a fan of Brundage since the late 1960's.

Late in her life she was selling paintings through the mail.

If I remember correctly, this one cost $75.

MB.jpg

waaa.gif

MB.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Every so often I re read this thread bangzoom, and I wonder if now, 5 years later, with the explosion of values, you have ever thought of reconsidering your no selling rule on these books?

Specifically, the Planet, Weird and Wonder runs to me, haha :) ! (JOKE ALERT I wouldnt have the net worth to buy one of them!)

Also, I never did see any Good Girl Art, do you have a Blue Beetle 52 and 54?

MB.jpg

smiley-shocked033.gif <<<< This is your fault! (tsk)

Every so often I re read this thread bangzoom, and I wonder if now, 5 years later, with the explosion of values, you have ever thought of reconsidering your no selling rule on these books?

The answer to both questions is no. lol

...but the girl on the cover of Blue Beetle 49 has a BZ tattoo.

4738865412_3ab2ff9617_b.jpg

BZ,

Don't remember if you had any of those original Alex Raymond pages.

I think these are from King Comics but not sure.

7742271556_f5443f5811_b.jpg

I sold most of my Flash Gordon Sunday pages decades ago. :cry:

However, I still have most of my King Comics. :grin:

Alex Raymond was, and still is, one of my all times favorite comic strip artists. I named my childhood dog Flash in honor of Flash Gordon. :gossip:

one day are you going to give these to a museum (a comic book hall of fame?) or something, so collectors, who will never have the chance otherwise, forevermore can make a pilgrimage to see a real collection? These famous collections get locked away and no one gets to enjoy them except the owner. Its like if all the Picassos were locked away and no one could see one in person.

At least it would be amazing to have an intact collection GA somewhere for all to see, it would be priceless, the famous 'Bangzoom comic museum' maybe just sell the keys (probably a huge percent of the cash value of the collection) for your heirs benefit and donate the rest for the tax deduction in a charitable trust to offset the gains (thats the tax attorney in me speaking...) It would still be amazing just to have all the 'filler issues' Haha

I've never owned a Flash Gordon original ...

I have some Bob Fuje 1980 Flash dailies that I bought off him personally when he attended SDCC some years back - that's as close as I've come (they're still pretty cool).

Raymond is pretty much in a league of his own - his work never ceases to amaze me.

7743484310_de6fc0b2b2_b.jpg

I was thinking more about original art than Sunday Pages. You and JB seem to have a few interesting items stached away.

The above art is a recreation by Acerno by the way. It is even more impressive up close and highly affordable for those with limited funds and OCD.