• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

2012 Quiz Winners

01 - Scrooge

02 - Baz

03 - BB-Gun

04 - selegue

05 - adamstrange

06 - rockman2008

07 - Theagenes

08 - pcalhoun

09 - pcalhoun

10 - pcalhoun

11 - selegue

12 - jpepx78

13 - Scrooge

14 - pcalhoun

15 - selegue

16 - rockman2008

17 - pcalhoun

18 - rockman2008

19 - rockman2008

20 - Scrooge

21 - ciorac

22 - ciorac

23 - ciorac

24 - selegue

25 - Flee-Marquette

26 - ciorac

27 - Flee-Marquette

28 - Scrooge

29 - MrBedrock

30 - Flee-Marquee

31 - rockman2008

32 - RedFury

33 - walclark

34 - rockman2008

35 - RedFury

36 - Theagenes

37 - ciorac

38 - ft88

39 - ciorac

40 - MrBedrock

41 - CrocHntr

42 - ciorac

43 - BB-Gun

44 - ciorac

45 - BB-Gun

Re: " was there an Action #1 and/or Detective #1 and/or Detective #27 in the collection?"

In answer to your question: No, No, and Yes

(back at March 15 2007)

Now, this only means that an Action 1 was not in the "large" acquisition of 1973. He may have added one later.

What does it matter though? No one has every book, but I appreciate that BangZoom bought comics at the "top of the market" rate way back when, held on to them and is sharing them with us now.

Anyway, here's an opportunity to toast a "true collector".

Here's to you BZ :applause:

Re: " was there an Action #1 and/or Detective #1 and/or Detective #27 in the collection?"

In answer to your question: No, No, and Yes

(back at March 15 2007)

Now, this only means that an Action 1 was not in the "large" acquisition of 1973. He may have added one later.

What does it matter though? No one has every book, but I appreciate that BangZoom bought comics at the "top of the market" rate way back when, held on to them and is sharing them with us now.

Anyway, here's an opportunity to toast a "true collector".

Here's to you BZ :applause:

:golfclap:

I know BZ has been scanning and posting many of his pulps. I wonder if there are anymore comics that he would care to scan or post that we may not have seen yet? Just a thought as I so enjoyed staring at his scans earlier in the thread.

I know BZ has been scanning and posting many of his pulps. I wonder if there are anymore comics that he would care to scan or post that we may not have seen yet? Just a thought as I so enjoyed staring at his scans earlier in the thread.

And he hasn't handed out the 2012 awards for the quiz yet either :(

8342401598_2a5c0f256f_o.jpg

Any J.R. Williams' art in your collection? His "Out Our Way" cartoons were popular well into the sixties but probably reprinted and done by ghost artists.

I remember someone mentioned in a chat group that his art was exhibited in a cowboy museum somewhere in the southwest. Anyone been there?

Scan from Comics Plus.

I have probably asked these questions before but they recently added a large set of Daily cartoons. The Monroe Evening News always published those cartoons which I enjoyed very much when I was in high school.

Edited by BB-Gun