• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Wasn't quite sure where to post this but as you might recall Erik Larsen was working on his Next Issue project. The first issue came out: Fantastic # 24. I got the book in this morning and it's a lot of fun! :D

Here's the cover by Larsen and then I'll post a page of some of the stories -

52655-F24-Cover.jpg.c4be431a2722a089a0d52f6afe4de1a0.jpg

Captain Kidd by Jim Rugg and Brian Maruca - Probably my favorite of the whole bunch. The art feel is perfect for this project -

52660-F24-CaptainKidd.jpg

I'm not familiar with the artists but that page has an Alex Toth look to it.

Is that their normal style?

Captain Kidd by Jim Rugg and Brian Maruca - Probably my favorite of the whole bunch. The art feel is perfect for this project -

That's also what I liked about the page but I've never run into these guys before ... so much so that I don't know which is the artist, which is the writer :blush:

That's also what I liked about the page but I've never run into these guys before ... so much so that I don't know which is the artist, which is the writer :blush:

What's up with the paper? Does it change from story to story, or are the newsprint texture and color printed on this page?

New books for the want list!

Jack

and finally the very successful version of Stardust by Mike and Laura Allred -

Wow! Allred was a perfect choice, although the last panel seems to be heading in a different direction than Hanks would have taken. (If you consider anything by Hanks to be heading in a recognizable direction.)

Great timing too, since my copy of I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets arrived yesterday and I read the story with the criminals and skeletons hanging in the air.

Jack

Wasn't quite sure where to post this but as you might recall Erik Larsen was working on his Next Issue project. The first issue came out: Fantastic # 24. I got the book in this morning and it's a lot of fun! :D

I wonder who they think the audience is for this comic.

Are the stories any good?