• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

As rare as Wow #1 and #4 clearly are, yet another example of a previously unknown collection having copies. At least one of the issues (can't remember which) is a Gerber "10" I believe, probably not any longer given I think I've seen at least 4-5 of these issues in just the last year.

You're thinking of Wow #2 Mark.

I don't know of 4-5 of them turning up this past year, but there was a complete set recently which is pretty mind-boggling.

The only copy of #2 I ever owned is now safe in the Jon Berk collection. thumbsup2.gif

Great stuff BZ! It's always a treat to see your new photos

As rare as Wow #1 and #4 clearly are, yet another example of a previously unknown collection having copies. At least one of the issues (can't remember which) is a Gerber "10" I believe, probably not any longer given I think I've seen at least 4-5 of these issues in just the last year.

I don't know of 4-5 of them turning up this past year, but there was a complete set recently which is pretty mind-boggling.

The only copy of #2 I ever owned is now safe in the Jon Berk collection. thumbsup2.gif

I've seen 3 Wow #2s: Jon Berk's, the Lost Valley copy, and the copy in the set sold last year by Al Stoltz.

I've seen 3 Wow #2s: Jon Berk's, the Lost Valley copy, and the copy in the set sold last year by Al Stoltz.

I have a Wow #2 in my collection. A fine copy.

S

I have a Wow #2 in my collection. A fine copy.

S

You don't have a collection poke2.gif

You have wait listed inventory poke2.gif

How about a NM Ghost Rider (ME) #7 for me in that "collection". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Can anyone tell me anything about this comic?

It was included in a collection of Golden Age comics I purchased many years ago and I've always been curious about its original purpose.

I've identified the cover artwork as being the same as issue # 26 and the color contents are also from that issue.

However, as you can see, there are some major differences: It has paper covers that are printed only in red ink, it has only 32 interior pages, there is no advertising, and there is no publishing or copyright info printed inside.

Any ideas? FeatureComicsGA.jpg

I have one of these somewhere. I'll look to see if I have some of the info that the seller gave me.

Al came up with another complete set!

It was included in a collection of Golden Age comics I purchased many years ago and I've always been curious about its original purpose.

I've identified the cover artwork as being the same as issue # 26 and the color contents are also from that issue.

However, as you can see, there are some major differences: It has paper covers that are printed only in red ink, it has only 32 interior pages, there is no advertising, and there is no publishing or copyright info printed inside.

I have one of these somewhere. I'll look to see if I have some of the info that the seller gave me.

I've had a couple of these over the years, and they seem to be consistent with the Overstreet description:

26-(nn, nd)- Cover in one color (10 cent, 36 page; Issue No. blanked out. Two variations exist, each contain half the regular #26).

though I think both had the same contents(1st half of the book).

I've had a couple of these over the years, and they seem to be consistent with the Overstreet description:

26-(nn, nd)- Cover in one color (10 cent, 36 page; Issue No. blanked out. Two variations exist, each contain half the regular #26).

though I think both had the same contents(1st half of the book).

1744663-feature26nn.JPG.17add8e18c4041890541744ae604481a.JPG

BZ,

There are some rarely seen Timely issues that get my vote......

All Winners 6 and 8

Daring Mystery 2

Marvel Mystery 3, 4 and 5

Mystic 4

Red Raven 1

and I would love to see a Silver Streak 6 (especially if someone out there wants to put a high grade copy in my collection!)