• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

BB, I enjoyed "In the Land of Forgot" story that appears in Bozo #5. Is that a series that appears in other issues?

Here's a small sample of a few random pages for fans of oddball comics.

bozo1.jpg

BZ,

My mistake. I thought the "Forgot" story continued in another issue

but I may have confused it with the "Sandman" story in issue 6.

3018649347_4ac9fb3eaa_o.jpg

... or I read the same story twice and forgot.

bb :insane:

such a great cover!

There are a lot of great Hamlin strips. I enjoyed this page from issue 22, I think. It is the only issue of The Comics that I have so I should remember.

2389452805_16c5ac8fa8_b.jpg

Isn't he from Missouri?

bb

I also like all of the JR Williams cartoons in The Comics. Scans of all of the early issues are available at Goldenagecomics.UK

That should read The Funnies. Sorry I mixed up those two. There are some great scans available of the Funnies issues. And I am not sure which issue it was either. OK, where is the retirement home?

bb :insane:

I know nothing about book collecting, but I assume these are all brutally rare and will cause jaws to drop.

(:

I only know about the first one. Value is sort of subjective, as that's a Gerber 10. And he has the three variations. :o

A Request for you BZ, I am catching up on some pulp lists messages and came across this summary of a Horror Stories story and was wondering if there are any illustrations associated with this story?

The original post mentioned that this is a typical shudder pulp story :blush:

"This comment is dated 1969 and is about Horror Stories, April-May 1939. THE MORGUE THAT MADNESS FILLED by Donald Graham.(15 pages):

"Another of Graham's wild ones. Almost as interesting as REVOLT OF THE CIRCUS FREAKS. This is a real sick one--full of sadism and sex that is hideously perverted. Men dressed as cadavers ride nude girls using whips and boots as prods. Later, after the girls are exhausted, they hang them by the thumbs and throw darts at them. One nurse is flayed alive by an old hag. Two children, age 3 and 12 are tortured and sexually mutilated. Others have acid thrown on them. Usual crazy and unbelievable weird menace plot."

Any interior pic of "juicy" Horror Stories illos are welcome, doesn't have to be this particular issue. :foryou:

There are a lot of great Hamlin strips in The Funnies. I enjoyed this page from issue 27, I think. It is the only issue of The Funnies that I have so I should remember.

2389452805_16c5ac8fa8_b.jpg

Isn't he from Missouri?

bb

I also like all of the JR Williams cartoons in The Comics. Scans of all of the early issues are available at Goldenagecomics.UK

Edited to change comic title from The Comics to The Funnies. Issue number was also 27 and not 22.

bb