• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

dell2.jpg

So, is that Night Bus ppb a reprint of the short story or is it a longer version prepared for paperback? I've never read it but It Happened One Night is one of my top 3 fav movies.

I remembered you saying that in an earlier post. That's why I specifically included that book in the group photo. (thumbs u

The book's preface notes that the story was originally published in Cosmopolitan Magazine in 1933. No mention is made whether the manuscript was altered for this edition. (shrug)

3077951289_3d6809b08a_o.jpg

Great books you posted, BB. :applause:

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre is one of my favorite movies.

In fact, I have the movie poster hanging in my living room. :gossip:

If anyone is looking for an interesting book to read, I recommend "The Secret of the Sierra Madre: The Man Who Was B. Traven" by Will Wyatt.

Traven's life was stranger than fiction, as the saying goes.

The original art. :gossip:

Who owns that?

Hard to say. The article showcases several original Greggs and the article acknowledges 4 contributors of such. So, I can narrow it down to 4 guys but couldn't tell you for this particular one.

For my 10Kth, here's one I really like. Probably not Shiv's favorite, but I really like it -

Sweet!!! :cloud9:

Yes, Virginia, there was a time when the U.S. was not P.C. - :blush:

69837.jpg

Texture lol

I dunno - I'm not convinced by Dell's methodology- I don't think they are weighing the texture advantage strongly enough.

After the shock of the attack, it didn't take long for cartoonists to reflect the resolve of the country as per these December 9, 1941 Chicago Tribune cartoons. The US mood was clear in its intent -

69813.jpg

I'm a big fan of old editorial cartoons.

Fellow fans might enjoy checking out this link.

Link