• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

....and here is a recreation that Glanzman did of his cover for Amazing Man 15. Had to find him and convince him. He only did comics for a short period before he went on to bigger and better things. 72640.jpg

That's a great piece, Jon. :applause:

Glanzman has had quite a career. He was only 16 or 17 when he was working for Centaur.

Here is a profile about him that appeared in The New York Times back in 2001.

Link

One of my favorite strips in Amazing-Man Comics is MiniMidget. I think it has some of the funniest dialogue.

"I projected MiniMidget into the year 3000 - Quiet! Quiet, fellows. I know I shouldn't have, but I let the scientist get the best of myself. Now I would like you gentleman to help me make a machine to get them back." :wishluck:lol

minimidget1.jpg

I was catching up on my reading of Alter Ego. I was reading issue 82's interview with Joe Edwards who points out that Jughead was modeled after Stan Laurel. Maybe it's common knowledge and I am coming out of the Dark Ages on this one but I don't recall having ever been pointed to the fact.

I reused some pics from a composite of the early Jughead I did for the Month thread and ran a couple of comparisons with Laurel -

72723.jpg.f06a8191810879e436719cbb50161027.jpg

I was catching up on my reading of Alter Ego. I was reading issue 82's interview with Joe Edwards who points out that Jughead was modeled after Stan Laurel. Maybe it's common knowledge and I am coming out of the Dark Ages on this one but I don't recall having ever been pointed to the fact.

That's news to me.

I should subscribe to Alter Ego.

I'm missing out on all sorts of good stuff. :makepoint: