• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

That was a great story, and well drafted too. Funnyhng about time travel stories, they always arrive late. Don't they get the irony? Just set the time machine 5 minutes before the event happens and you'll be there to stop it.

These images are from different comics published between 1939 and 1945.

Can you identify any of the comics?

I got nuthin'. :cry:

Here's a hint that I think will help you narrow your focus: I would guess that sacentaur and CentaurMan have one of these comics in their collection (you can guess the publisher from their names); I know Theagenes owns one of them; generic user probably has one or two; and most likely MrBedrock or Billy Parker own at least one or two. :gossip:

That was a great story, and well drafted too. Funnyhng about time travel stories, they always arrive late. Don't they get the irony? Just set the time machine 5 minutes before the event happens and you'll be there to stop it.

That's actually the point of a Silverberg SF novel "Up the Line".

Highly recommended

2012_26.jpg

Here's an additional group of images to help you along in the identification process.

2012_26b.jpg

2012_26.jpg

Here's an additional group of images to help you along in the identification process.

2012_26b.jpg

Masked Marvel #2

2012_26.jpg

2012_26b.jpg

Masked Marvel #2

^^

Congratulations once again, Bill.

That puts you in a tie for second place.

maskedmarvel2.jpg

Kardo the Monster Maker

kardo1.jpg

kardo2.jpg

kardo3.jpg

A lot of you have probably heard us talk about Illustration Magazine at some point but do not subscribe to it.

All issues appear available for perusal online at the following link. Simply change the issue number to switch from one mag to another. The viewer is really nice as it will pop up the pages to full screen and you can zoom in to read the text or rather enjoy the art closer.

I am linking to issue # 18 as it covers Allen Anderson who did covers for Ziff-Davis -

Illustration Magazine # 18

but please explore other issues. This is a great publication. Follow the link below to know which issue you would like to look up (or pick a number at random for discovery) -

Illustration Magazine Archive

FYI, H.J. Ward's issue is # 29 and # 22 was also fantastic looking at Blakeslee.