• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Today we're celebrating the birthday of Bob Oksner who was born on this date in 1916.

If you're like me, you probably know his work from the many humor comics he illustrated for DC from the 1940's through the 60's.

Here are a few sample pages from a Jerry Lewis Halloween story that was published in 1966.

JerryLewis1.jpg

JerryLewis2.jpg

JerryLewis3.jpg

Today we're celebrating the birthday of Bob Oksner who was born on this date in 1916.

If you're like me, you probably know his work from the many humor comics he illustrated for DC from the 1940's through the 60's.

Here are a few sample pages from a Jerry Lewis Halloween story that was published in 1966.

JerryLewis2.jpg

Mazl T.V. & Ben Zadrine productions lol

Good stuff BZ (thumbs u

glad you like, here's a couple more.

BLUE CORDON by Dee Carter

[1952]. cover by Ray Theobald. A polar expedition turns spooky when it uncovers the frozen corpse of a woman who looks just like a female member of the team. She turns out to be Ingrid, Winter Princess of the Northern Night; her awakened spirit falls in love with the team's male leader, Lt. Savage, who loves her living look-alike - or are they somehow the same being? "An extraordinary fantasy based loosely on Nordic mythology." Harbottle and Holland.

BIOLOGY "A" by Brad Kent

[1952]. cover by Gordon C. Davies. In the near future Mankind battles ‘The Brain,’ a synthetic slave of their own creation, ‘turned master through the impact of human emotion.’ "A superior Hughes fantasy." Harbottle and Holland.

2ncw.JPG

JerryLewis1.jpg

I found a few scans of art by Oksner in my files.

3402695843_546faf029d_o.jpg

2869574133_093f13f952_o.jpg