• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auctions

14 posts in this topic

Anyone notice this type of thing on comic link. Its a small item at $60 but It makes me wonder whats going on. Either its a shill bid, (most likely). Or its Comiclink itself owning the book, which is even worse. I just hope Comiclink isn't at fault here or turning a blind eye to shenanigans.

It was my understanding that for a comic to show up on a comiclink auction, it had to actually be with Comiclink as opposed to the owner keeping the book until sold.

BTW, I'm not out to "get" Comiclink but public forums are perfect for exploring and correcting discrepencies or potential shenanigans (see South Park)

Here are three scenarios

1. Someone else listed it and shill bid and won their own book and then relisted on Comiclink. If the book is with Comiclink then the winner/owner would have to call Josh up and say, "Just keep it for now, I'll sell it on the regular Comiclink"

2. Its comiclink's own book and they bid on their own books and then relist. I doubt this is the case but its an easy consipracy to imagine.

3. Legitimate buyer bought the book and relisted on Comiclink immediately afterwards without having it shipped at all.

I'm hoping for the last scenario but I have my doubts. Its only a $50 book but the ramifications are pretty significant if you are against shill bidding.

3/14/2007 10:59:03 PM EST

JLA 6 No Reserve Auction

Date Listed: 3/14/2007 11:55:20 PM EST

New JLA 6 listing

Or the winner was a known non payer and why bother going through the motions.

Still, it happened so fast appearances make it look like it got quickly relisted since $37 wasn't enough.

Still, it happened so fast appearances make it look like it got quickly relisted since $37 wasn't enough.

Certainly does look weird. Still, why bother with a $60 book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Highly unlikely. That would be rapid correspondence between ComicLink and the seller to make this determination unless the book is in fact owned by Comiclink. Less than one hour between end of auction and relisting certainly looks suspect.

It was my understanding that for a comic to show up on a comiclink auction, it had to actually be with Comiclink as opposed to the owner keeping the book until sold.

Not sure about the specifics of this case, but you can convert any of your comiclink sales to an auction at any time, even if the book isn't in comiclink's hands.