• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What GA books would you pay 3x Guide or more? (No pedigree/variants/HG)

61 posts in this topic

Curious, but are any books so cool cool.gif, rare 893whatthe.gif, desirable cloud9.gif, undervalued ("throw out the guide!" insane.gif) or personally important that you would pay 3x guide or more for mid-grade (FN to VF) copies? confused-smiley-013.gif

Pedigrees, variants are excluded... gossip.gif

I'll start with some personal examples...(if you have 'em, I'll buy 'em) poke2.gif

422376963_7c42a9be9d.jpg

422380124_d14606e767.jpg

422376961_21f2524973.jpg

What about you? popcorn.gif

GE

I can honestly say there isn't a single non-pedigree golden age comic book that I would pay 3x guide for in Fn to VF condition. For me, 3x guide or more is reserved for Mile Highs, 9.8s, and sometimes really cool 9.6s.

Ok. I've re-thought my answer. I would not pay 3x guide for any GA book except a Crime SuspenStories 22 in VG.

Wow. What a cool cover!

Believe me, it's not something I usually do, but I have wanted this one from before I even THOUGHT about collecting golden age. Can't wait til it gets here.

I just did a couple of days ago. Guide is an absolute joke on this issue. GPA is right around this amount as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=003

Nice pick-up. You've been on a roll lately headbang.gif

Thanks! This copy has really nice eye appeal for (what the seller says is) the grade. My guess is that it will turn out to be about a 5.0. This book always sells through the roof when it comes up, as it's one of the most important books from SOTI and the Senate hearings....not to mention the incredible cover.

Good call on the War 11. I passed on a copy that was offered here on the boards and I still regret it. One of the MANY MANY times Goldust has snagged a book I should have bought. 893censored-thumb.gif

Ok. I've re-thought my answer. I would not pay 3x guide for any GA book except a Crime SuspenStories 22 in VG.

Wow. What a cool cover!

Double-doh!!! .. I sold my CGC 3.0 copy last year for 30% over guide!!! foreheadslap.gif At least it went to a fellow forumite... gossip.gif

GE

Wow. What a cool cover!

Double-doh!!! .. I sold my CGC 3.0 copy last year for 30% over guide!!! foreheadslap.gif At least it went to a fellow forumite... gossip.gif

GE

Did you sell it to Bonds? He is the only forum member I know who owns a copy.

hello all..

none at this point (I did pay 4x guide for a tec 35 last year)....up to 2x guide on tec 29 unrestored right now, but that is about it

rick

Wow. What a cool cover!

GE

Did you sell it to Bonds? He is the only forum member I know who owns a copy.

PM sent... (to protect the identity of the current owner shy.gif)

I think the Adventure Comics 46 is a very under-valued book. One of the coolest Golden Age covers and by far the best Sandman cover. 3x guide isn't out of the question for a nice one IMO.

My current collecting focus is early Fox & Superman books, so no reason to do 3x guide on any of those...

But if I saw a Catman #20 in Good/Good+ for 3x guide, I'd be tempted. A classic cover I'd love to own. Guide is like $83 for a 2.0 #20, which is beyond ridiculous...I'd buy piles of them for $83 each.

A classic cover I'd love to own. Guide is like $83 for a 2.0 #20, which is beyond ridiculous...I'd buy piles of them for $83 each.

That's an important point. I think a lot of people would balk at 3x guide, but when guide is under $100, who cares? A 3x multiple on a cool book with an OSPG value of $50-100 is still a bargain in my opinion. cool.gif

I kinda just pay what I am willing to pay for the book at this point, guide is of secondary concern.

My current collecting focus is early Fox & Superman books, so no reason to do 3x guide on any of those...

But if I saw a Catman #20 in Good/Good+ for 3x guide, I'd be tempted. A classic cover I'd love to own. Guide is like $83 for a 2.0 #20, which is beyond ridiculous...I'd buy piles of them for $83 each.

Personally, I'd pay close to 2-3x for a clean Jo-Jo #25? Been looking for years and only came up with a PGX-grade one with tons of writing... but I love the cover! cloud9.gif

GE

I'll pay whatever it takes to get the books I want if I have the cash at the time the book surfaces. Of course I'm looking for some rare stuff; Rocket 3 for example.

Guide is just that, a guide.