• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What GA books would you pay 3x Guide or more? (No pedigree/variants/HG)

61 posts in this topic

Good call on the War 11. I passed on a copy that was offered here on the boards and I still regret it. One of the MANY MANY times Goldust has snagged a book I should have bought. 893censored-thumb.gif

I knew that once that book was mentioned it was only a matter of time... tongue.gif

For the record that Crime Suspense 22 looks like a deal.

I'd go with BCM 50 (that book has gotten prohibitively expensive lately, even in low grade) and Weird Mysteries 5.

Also Marvel Mystery 37, 40 and Cap 46.

I had to mention it. Complaining about the War 11 and Tomahawk 116 is all I have left besides the memories of what could have been. 27_laughing.gif

war fury #1 is a book sold frequently for multiples of guide.......

Fortunately I paid straight guide for War Fury #1 and War #11 back in the day ( also Air Ace 2/2 insane.gif) - but this all 10 years or more ago when classic war covers hadn't taken off.

Re Cap #46 & #74

3X guide for a Cap #74 is probably the upper limit of it's value - I know SS sold his slabbed 2.5 for about that - but it looked much nicer than a 2.5 - Metro has (had?) a raw 3.5 for 2X guide recently - though it might arguably be more like a 3.0 with a notable corner chip missing.

Cap #46 is another story - I recently paid $2K for a copy with an 7.5/8.0 looking front cover and a 4.5 back cover with small pieces of archival tape on the interior cover at the staples where they had been removed and reinserted. Not sure what one would call the actual grade (Apparent 6.0 minor resto?) - but it was roughly 4X VG guide and seemed like a steal to me.

Exciting Comics #28

Way overrated, in my opinion.

I agree. Not that I would turn one down if offered at the right price. I think # 30 is a better cover & just as scarce, maybe more. Then again I'm biased as I own a # 30 .

grin.gif Great Black Terror cover.

My current collecting focus is early Fox & Superman books, so no reason to do 3x guide on any of those...

But if I saw a Catman #20 in Good/Good+ for 3x guide, I'd be tempted. A classic cover I'd love to own. Guide is like $83 for a 2.0 #20, which is beyond ridiculous...I'd buy piles of them for $83 each.

I echo that . couldn't have said it better.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Exciting Comics #28

Way overrated, in my opinion.

I agree. Not that I would turn one down if offered at the right price. I think # 30 is a better cover & just as scarce, maybe more. Then again I'm biased as I own a # 30 .

grin.gif Great Black Terror cover.

Glad to hear all you guys dont like Exciting #28 that much, should make it much easier for me when the next one shows up on ebay. 27_laughing.gif

Jeff , I knew you would enjoy that. wink.gif Do you still have your high grade copy?? Was it the Church copy? I remember it was a Beauty.

The Charles Strong copy. He was an editor at Nedor...

exciting30.jpg

Jeff , I knew you would enjoy that. wink.gif Do you still have your high grade copy?? Was it the Church copy? I remember it was a Beauty.

The Charles Strong copy. He was an editor at Nedor...

How does a book get a 9.0 with pieces missing??? I get an 8.0 if a book's been breathed on.