• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT #1 Art on Ebay? Legit? Scam? WTF?

85 posts in this topic

Bronty has a link to his website at the top of this page.

OK maybe this is a dumb question but is he the same Eric Roberts who joined the cast of "Heros" on TV?

No. That would be Eric Roberts the actor, brother of Julia Roberts, who is on "Heroes". He is not the same guy as Eric Roberts the collector.

OK maybe this is a dumb question but is he the same Eric Roberts who joined the cast of "Heros" on TV?

No. That would be Eric Roberts the actor, brother of Julia Roberts, who is on "Heroes". He is not the same guy as Eric Roberts the collector.

27_laughing.gif This question comes up EVERY time someone mentions his name.

Makes me wonder what someone who shells out 250K for TMNT art does for a living.

The big run up in oil and minerals over the past 4 years... what if you owned a mining company? There is a fella in the hobby that does, and he has quite a collection. Heck, if you owned a fantastically located Starbucks franchise, with sales of 5 million a year, you could swing a few covers here or there. Especially with profit margins of 500 - 2000% on the products. Maybe you own a big comic store in New York, and have a cover collection that must be valued at well over $2 million. It's a crazy world.

Makes me wonder what someone who shells out 250K for TMNT art does for a living.

The big run up in oil and minerals over the past 4 years... what if you owned a mining company? There is a fella in the hobby that does, and he has quite a collection. Heck, if you owned a fantastically located Starbucks franchise, with sales of 5 million a year, you could swing a few covers here or there. Especially with profit margins of 500 - 2000% on the products. Maybe you own a big comic store in New York, and have a cover collection that must be valued at well over $2 million. It's a crazy world.

Or maybe you have a father who's a billionaire. #349 (tied)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070310/BUSINESS/303100002

Or maybe you have a father who's a billionaire. #349 (tied)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070310/BUSINESS/303100002

Sweet! Barbarians at the Gate!

Sweet! Barbarians at the Gate!

Hmm.. a reference to the KKR Nabisco incident.

I wonder how many other people would get that reference!

Malvin

Um...comic art collectors are pretty intelligent and well educated. I'd be more surprised if we DIDN'T get the reference. The book is fantastic.

As a side note, having dealt with Eric I can attest to what a true comic art fan he is, and what a quality person he is to boot. I am very happy to hear that he got the book. thumbsup2.gif

As a side note, having dealt with Eric I can attest to what a true comic art fan he is, and what a quality person he is to boot. I am very happy to hear that he got the book. thumbsup2.gif

Yep, I can second that thumbsup2.gif