• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death of Colossus

39 posts in this topic

I had been away from comics for a couple years when, while deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, I learned that Colossus had died. I was shocked. It was like my dog died or something. I actually missed the character. Did anyone else have a negative reaction to that story? It kind of made me mad because you know that the little canadian would never be killed off. Anyway I just wanted to vent a little.

Gary

The guy said that he was deployed there and missed the story line initially. He was in grave danger during the conflict! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I had been away from comics for a couple years when, while deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, I learned that Colossus had died. I was shocked. It was like my dog died or something. I actually missed the character. Did anyone else have a negative reaction to that story? It kind of made me mad because you know that the little canadian would never be killed off. Anyway I just wanted to vent a little.

Gary

Marvel is already working on resurrecting another Colossus. Won't be the same guy but a recent mutant was introduced with the same mutant power and I'm sure he'll be joining the X-Men before long.

Another 1st appearance key? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Marvel is already working on resurrecting another Colossus. Won't be the same guy but a recent mutant was introduced with the same mutant power and I'm sure he'll be joining the X-Men before long.

That really isn't the point though. Colossus was my favorite character since I first started collocting comics. I am holding out on Peter's resurrection. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

in happened in Uncanny X-Men #390

Beast continued workin gon the Legacy Virus cure-reasearch after Moira Mctaggart was killed by Mystique. he ened up finding it, but the only was to 'distribute' it was to infect the body of an of a mutant. Giving that, beast locked it up.

Colossus (lost his sister Illyana (Magik)to the virus in UXM #301) broke into the lab, stole the cure, injected it into himself & activated his mutant power.

Colossus has always been of of my favorite X-Men, this issue fricking hit me hard ;_; the issue end with his dialog from Giant Size X-men

if you guys want, i'm willing to post some scans of the pages

edit-

holy [!@#%^&^], your in Crestview, i'm in Pensacola O.o

Gary

i know who you are taking talking about. Its UXM # 427. Husk was arguing (and later fought)with a cemetary worker and turn out to be a mutant similar to Colossus. If fact, Husk kept mentioning Colossus. Nothing happened to him, cept he got laid off from his job (Boss doesnt like mutants)

If Marvel holds true to their current policy, don't expect to see the original Colossus anytime soon. I'm pretty sure Claremont would've liked to have brought Colossus back, but Quesada nixed it, and since Marvel: The End sort of gave an explanantion as to why there will be no more resurrections, I'm afraid Pitor is dead. But, it's what makes his death somewhat significant... he isn't coming back. I liked Colossus as a character, but his death was used to resolve a major sub-plot/plot that had been running for years.

If Marvel holds true to their current policy, don't expect to see the original Colossus anytime soon. I'm pretty sure Claremont would've liked to have brought Colossus back, but Quesada nixed it, and since Marvel: The End sort of gave an explanantion as to why there will be no more resurrections, I'm afraid Pitor is dead. But, it's what makes his death somewhat significant... he isn't coming back. I liked Colossus as a character, but his death was used to resolve a major sub-plot/plot that had been running for years.

i didnt read Marvel the end!!

What did it say?