• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death of Colossus

39 posts in this topic

Gainesville, Fla. in the 70's is where I grew up reading 20¢ comics. Bought them at the 13th Pharmacy (ironically enough) near Georgetown apartments. I lived a couple miles down the road in "Forrest Ridge"? If I went in the woods behind my house to look for shark teeth.. i was close the the high school.

Small World

is the 13th Pharmacy, Long John Silver's still there?

Ever bump into Tom Petty at Dubbs?

Colossus was one of my favorite X-Men. Damn Marvel!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Dont worry dam, as weve seen in X-2 Colossus lives on. cool.gif

I hope they develop him a bit more in X-3. After all is said and done, X2 really did rock . . . cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

DAM

Colossus was one of my favorite X-Men. Damn Marvel!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I hope they develop him a bit more in X-3. After all is said and done, X2 really did rock . . . cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

DAM

Damn DAM. One more post like this and we will take your avatar away from you forever. 893whatthe.gif

DAM

Can't help feeling the main actors/actresses (who have what I understand a 3 movie contract) are going to cost a small fortune to go on to a 4th or 5th movie. One way around it is to replace the main cast with the mutants being introduced now like Nightcrawler, Shadowcat (Kitty), Iceman, the Beast and Colossus to name but a few. That way they can continue the series at a fraction of the cost. So, developing him (as well as the other mutants) would be a natural progression for however long the franchise lasts.

I liked Colossus. He was one of my favorites. I dont feel in the book he was ever developed enough. on the flip side of that token i never cared for nightcrawler and feel he's been developed too much. I think he should have been the one to take the legacy virus

holy [!@#%^&^], your in Crestview, i'm in Pensacola O.o

I'm in Gainesville smile.gif

WE ARE ALL NEIGHBORS lol!

holy [!@#%^&^] O.o

neighbors with the CGC crew as well (Sarasota)

Shadowcat (all time favorite) kicked [!@#%^&^] in X2, i saw it 2 more times just to see her phase again.

Go, Katya!

I doubt there will be a fourth movie!!

Most franchises die after three.

And the ones that don't.......SHOULD have. smirk.gif

Police academy

Star Wars

Oh My Goodness....

...You didn't just lump Police Academy with Star Wars, did you???!!! Say it aint so....

Yeah

As movie series that should have ended after three movies!!

DAM

Damn DAM. One more post like this and we will take your avatar away from you forever. 893whatthe.gif

I meant to say, that X2, what a load of 893censored-thumb.gif

he he he . . . .

DAM

CAN I HAVE IT?

If Marvel holds true to their current policy, don't expect to see the original Colossus anytime soon. I'm pretty sure Claremont would've liked to have brought Colossus back, but Quesada nixed it, and since Marvel: The End sort of gave an explanantion as to why there will be no more resurrections, I'm afraid Pitor is dead. But, it's what makes his death somewhat significant... he isn't coming back. I liked Colossus as a character, but his death was used to resolve a major sub-plot/plot that had been running for years.

So talk to me about this Marvel The End. I think everyone flipped when Jean Grey died to. You see they brought her back when it was convienent. If Marvel has changed their "policy" in that kind of stuff, they are kind of shooting themselves in the foot. I think that enough people want him back and we let Marvel know that we want Colossus back, they will do it. I read those books to see what he was doing, not Nightcrawler, Wolverine, or Cyclops. I am sure there a few more out there like me.

I don't see how there can't be at least 4 X movies. If they are getting into the Phoenix story, there is no way they could cover that (plus finish Wolverine's origin) in one movie. Jean resurrected as Phoenix/ Jean turned to the darkside and out of control/ Jean taking her own life in order to stop Phoenix... even if they play it out very different from the comics it's going to be too much for one movie, plus it would be two in a row ending with Jean's death. Would be much better to stretch this out for two more movies. There are so many great stories and characters to choose from that, so long as the films are put into the right hands, they could be great forever. The characters speak for themselves and actors can be replaced if they become too costly or difficult.

I don't see how there can't be at least 4 X movies. If they are getting into the Phoenix story, there is no way they could cover that (plus finish Wolverine's origin) in one movie.

There has already been talk about a Wolverine solo movie. That would cover his whole origin I guess.

Gary

Here's the deal on the End... it was another cosmic, Thanos obtains ultimate power only to lose it again. Quesada, when he became EIC, let it be known that when someone died in the Marvel U, he/she would stay dead because he thought that certain things deaths had lost any impact or meaning. So, in the End, at the conclusion, Thanos "reboots" and restores the Marvel U after it had been completely destroyed... due to a glitch and entropy in the universe, this had to be done, but during his final discussion with Adam Warlock, Thanos noted that one of things that caused this cosmic imbalance was the resurrections from death (starting with Wonder Man and continuing forward) and thus now when the restart came, Thanos stated that there would be no further resurrections or heroes coming back from the dead. If a hero falls, another will have to take his place.

Now, as we all know, the rules in comics are subject to change at any moment, and I doubt that it will remain a permanent fixed rule. As far as I'm concerned though, I hope they stick with it for a while. It will make writers think more before using death as a plot device. And although I liked Colossus, I like the way he died and to give the story meaning, I hope that he stays among the fallen heroes.