• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Professional or Amateur front cover piece replacement....you decide

20 posts in this topic

It looks like a color xerox of the logo. It's not even clear whether it's actually attached to the book or just lying underneath the piece of the cover that is still there.

I thought you HATED restored books? Why is every other book you're looking at recently a restored book? Were you sandbagging us? 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

27_laughing.gif, I like how they added a strip to the outside edge since their xeroxed copy was too narrow, and they colored in the added strip. ..badly I might add.

Was that the only photo supplied?

Ze-

To me, it looks like that the book had a large piece torn off in front and behind it would be its other cover. So it looks like a double cover batman book

If that were the case, the colors would probably match a little better than they do. crazy.gif

To me, it looks like that the book had a large piece torn off in front and behind it would be its other cover. So it looks like a double cover batman book

If that were the case, the colors would probably match a little better than they do. crazy.gif

I guess. I've never really owned a double cover book. I would think that there would be a slight color adjustment between boh covers

I guess. I've never really owned a double cover book. I would think that there would be a slight color adjustment between boh covers

A double cover book would have covers printed right after each other, so the ink levels on the plates would be exactly the same. There would be no discernible variation whatsoever between the colors of each cover.

A double cover book would have covers printed right after each other, so the ink levels on the plates would be exactly the same. There would be no discernible variation whatsoever between the colors of each cover.

Thanks for the info. thumbsup2.gif I thought through aging of the book, the front cover would be darker than the cover behind it. But I got it now

I thought you HATED restored books? Why is every other book you're looking at recently a restored book? Were you sandbagging us? 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

The truth is Scott, I have no problem at all with restored books.....what I hate is the greed and deception magnet attached to many of them. I have 3 pre-golden age books being restored right now, and it is literally saving their life. Restoration is a wonderful way to turn a neglected rag into a readable and enjoyable comic book once again.

What I despise are the greed merchants who use color touch, page bleaching, glue and pressing to turn an apple into a banana, without disclosure. What I despise are the cracked out purple label books being sold as unrestored raw because an unethetical dealer needs to make his car payment. What I despise is seeing a VF+ completely untouched book have a small amount of color touch added to a tiny color breaking 1/8" stress line, because VF+ just insn't good enough...NM! NM! NM! must be NM!

It is the people who do not disclose that I have the problem with, and the collectors that see a book as never nice enough unless it's a 9.4,,,,,the books and the restoration are innocent.

The truth is Scott, I have no problem at all with restored books.....what I hate is the greed and deception magnet attached to many of them. I have 3 pre-golden age books being restored right now, and it is literally saving their life. Restoration is a wonderful way to turn a neglected rag into a readable and enjoyable comic book once again.

What I despise are the greed merchants who use color touch, page bleaching, glue and pressing to turn an apple into a banana, without disclosure. What I despise are the cracked out purple label books being sold as unrestored raw because an unethetical dealer needs to make his car payment. What I despise is seeing a VF+ completely untouched book have a small amount of color touch added to a tiny color breaking 1/8" stress line, because VF+ just insn't good enough...NM! NM! NM! must be NM!

It is the people who do not disclose that I have the problem with, and the collectors that see a book as never nice enough unless it's a 9.4,,,,,the books and the restoration are innocent.

hail.gif Amen.

Disclosed restoration is perfectly fine.

Then your views have changed on the matter, and that's just fine. thumbsup2.gif I used to take a much different view toward restoration too, until I learned more about it and started being less "afraid" of what it actually was and could accomplish.