• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the verdict on Millenium Cases?

13 posts in this topic

I see these cases for sale on Wizardworld's site and respectable LCS. They say on the box they protect better than mylar. Is this true? Do any of you guys use them? They're quite pricey.

I also see Comic Top-Loaders a lot. What do you guys think about those?

I don't use them myself. However, I have gleaned, via this message board, that they are both decent options when used in conjunction with mylar, but not so much on their own.

I believe, with the Mill cases specifically, that there is not a lot of support for a comic on it's own and it is susceptible to impact damage not unlike the scs damage that is too prevalent in cgc's slab.

I also see Comic Top-Loaders a lot. What do you guys think about those?

I like the Top Loaders for display racks at conventions. They protect the comic (sometimes, comics will blow off the rack if you're not careful.. or if the convention center suddenly blasts its air conditioning.) and if you don't trust the buyer, you can just show the front of the comic through the top loader instead of taking the comic out.

I like the MIllcase, but I wouldn't place it on a convention rack. It's a great way to show off the front and back of an expensive book, while keeping the book protected. The cost means I'd only use it on books that are at least a hundred dollars.