• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Snatch #2 - 5th or 6th printing?

12 posts in this topic

Don't know what is appropriate to show, so I hope no one is offended. I blacked out and blurred out parts of the back cover. No problem with those areas as far as the book is concerned, just didn't want to show anything inappropriate (maybe it's too late).

These undergrounds aren't mine. They are part of a couple short boxes I'm supposed to be helping a friend sell, but haven't had the time to do yet.

Anyone who knows a little more about these, I would appreciate any help. He has a lot of late 80's early 90's independent books as well.

Dirt seems to be the main issue with this copy along with some surface impressions and a slight non-color breaking crease lower left corner of b/c.

Snatch2front.jpg

snatch2back.jpg

Yes, it's typical price sticker residue very common on undergrounds. Let me know when you sell them... I would say this is in typical condition for a 35 year old underground. You may want to check out the Underground forums at the comicspriceguide for more help in UG Comix. But that's a nice one (even later printings still fetch good money on ebay).

Is that price sticker residue over the 50-cent circle?

No, I think it's part of the printing. It's not tacky at all. That's part of why I think it is the 5th printing. I've seen another copy of the 5th printing on the web that had that same yellowish circle around the price. Someone else told me they thought it was a 6th printing though, so now I don't know.

Looks like a 6th printing to me. Structurally, the book looks VF; I’d call this one a 6.5\7.0. Nice book.

I agree - looks like it would clean up very nicely - Nize book! yay.gif

Don't know what is appropriate to show, so I hope no one is offended. I blacked out and blurred out parts of the back cover. No problem with those areas as far as the book is concerned, just didn't want to show anything inappropriate (maybe it's too late).

Snatch2front.jpg

5th Printing 6ths were 75 cents

someone is reading from the early 80's Kennedy guide and isn't familiar with the newer Fogel guide or the ugcomix.info site. I just won my .50 cent cover 6th print from Don Donahue (Apex Novelties) today...

i was. i stand corrected. blush.gif