• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Poor Pov's Surgery

32 posts in this topic

Pity me again!

Gaphic details follow: Squeamish Alert!

I had my hand surgery last week: a "excisional arthoplasty left 1st cmc joing (base of left thumb) with ligament reconstruction and tendon transposition".

3 insiions in the arm to get at tendonmaterial and base of thumb looks like it was removed and sewn back. Even have a metal pin sticking up from the surface! All nicely black/blue as well.

Saw all this when they replaced the temp bandaging with one for the duration. Have to seep with my arm pointig upwards.

Luckily pain is now minimal. Have not had percoset for days and feel the dregs of it leaving my system (general "yuck" feeling).

In May I will knowhow this will better my music. Thanks forlistening

Yeah but just keep thinking about that Rudra Vin that's getting built and how good it is going to feel playing that bad boy with a surgically enhanced hand. 5 words "The Six million dollar POV!"

Yeah but just keep thinking about that Rudra Vin that's getting built and how good it is going to feel playing that bad boy with a surgically enhanced hand. 5 words "The Six million dollar POV!"

Is true. And it is finished now! Here is a shot of it. Will be getting it around end of May. Will meet with the maker and spend a week final finishing, fine tuning etc.

1709036-side-small.JPG

1709036-side-small.JPG.c9f734a759b8dee17147f4106eda95c9.JPG

Wow! I'm not even going to ask you how you play that. Am I seeing strings on the sides and top??

Eitherway that is cool! Now you need a custom case for it. insane.gif

Thanks for the updating us Pov, did surgery go as well as could be hoped?

I can only imagine the trepidation you will feel the first time you play your newly created Rudra Vin, which will hopefully dissapear once you realize your thumb is pain free and you can play how you used to.

Go easy on on that newly re- constructed digit willya!

Hopefully your downtime will fly by. Good luck to you, and keep us updated.

Kenny

Wow! I'm not even going to ask you how you play that. Am I seeing strings on the sides and top??

Eitherway that is cool! Now you need a custom case for it. insane.gif

Yeah - 4 strings on top. 2 on one side and one on the other side. It is played in a kneeling position with one gourd resting on left shoulder. Neck runs diagonaly top left to bottom right, with the lower gourd on the right knee. Frets are angled straight out from the player. When you play it your whole body vibrates at times.