• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Iron Man' Begins Production

7 posts in this topic

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=29563

'Iron Man' Begins Production

Production on Jon Favreau’s new film ‘Iron Man’ (based on the Marvel Comic character) has begun, and the buzz from the first week of shooting is that it's going well, according to the director’s MySpace blog.

Favreau writes: “We are done with the first week of photography. I am happy to report that the ten months of preparation allowed the extremely challenging first week of photography to come off without a hitch.”

The ‘origin’ story for Stark’s transformation has been moved from the original location of Vietnam to Afganistan, which the crew have been simulating in a studio for this past week.

‘Iron Man’ will star Robert Downey Jr in the title role, with support from Jeff Bridges and Gwyneth Paltrow, it is scheduled to hit cinemas in 2008.

I just spoke with a Special Effects guy who said he going to go work on a Will Smith superhero movie. He didn't know the name of it. I would assume Smith would play the title role. I wonder if it might be the Black Panther.

I just spoke with a Special Effects guy who said he going to go work on a Will Smith superhero movie. He didn't know the name of it. I would assume Smith would play the title role. I wonder if it might be the Black Panther.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=267114

""Variety reports that mega-star Will Smith and director Jonathan Mostow will team up for "Tonight He Comes," an action flick about an aging superhero who must contend with an annoying identity crisis"

confused-smiley-013.gif

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=267114

""Variety reports that mega-star Will Smith and director Jonathan Mostow will team up for "Tonight He Comes," an action flick about an aging superhero who must contend with an annoying identity crisis"

confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.giffrustrated.gif

Has a release date of 7/2/2008...

A hard-living superhero (Smith) who has fallen out of favor with the public enters into a questionable relationship with the wife (Theron) of the public relations professional (Bateman) who's trying to repair his image.

Why on earth did they cast Downey Jr? Those simpletons are hoping for a cheap boost because the actor is a drunkard in real life. How little. What they need is an actor with finesse, an upper class educated type. Hold on, I know what you're thinking that I fit the role but I'm too busy right now.