• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Young Allies 1

10 posts in this topic

Ok I just picked this one up recently and I have no idea how to grade it. When you take it out of the mylar and hold it at a certain angle, there is a non-colorbreaking crease that runs all the way from the top to the bottom in the middle of the front cover. There are also two diagonal creases near the right side that run halfway down the right side of the book that are also only visible at this angle. (When looked at at this angle the book loses quite a bit of eye appeal)

However, when you look at the book straight on, no matter how carefully you examine it the creases aren't visible at all and the book looks every bit as good as it does in the scans.

So whats the grade? confused-smiley-013.gif

YoungAllies1.jpg

YoungAllies1back.jpg

1.5 but I'll give you the 2.5 price if you sell it to me now.

okay, enough BS. I say it is a 7 based on the scan and thinking the creases can't be that bad since they don't show very much from the scan. I guess it could go as low as a 6.0 but I don't think so. I'm just basing the 7 on it being a nice looking solid book then down grading it for the mentioned creases. It looks like a really nice book, I'm having a hard time seeing it go very low.

thats exactly whats driving me nuts about the book. The creases aren't bad, because you can literally put the book 6 inches in front of your face and stare and not see them at all and think you are looking at a VF or better comic. But catch the book at the right angle, and ouch..

I don't know enough about the subject:(

The book already has some work done to it so its already restored. I just assumed that whenever the rest of the work was done, if they could've been pressed out they would've been. Is it possible for creases to be unpressable?

I don't know enough about the subject:(

The book already has some work done to it so its already restored. I just assumed that whenever the rest of the work was done, if they could've been pressed out they would've been. Is it possible for creases to be unpressable?

Guess I did not catch that before...the restoration in the past might explain why those creases are the way they are

Maybe a purple 7.0

From the scan without knowledge of the creasing - it looks like a 9.2 - with creases (dents?) that hard to see I wouldn't hit it too hard - but it's even harder to judge restored books from a scan than unrestored.

I'm going with 6.5 - but I agree - FANTASTIC eye-appeal.

Man I wish I could afford one of these - I'll have to make do with my Alan Light reprint - inside the Mylar lit by a 40 watt bulb from several feet away I can pretend it's the real thing. insane.gif

From the scan without knowledge of the creasing - it looks like a 9.2 - with creases (dents?) that hard to see I wouldn't hit it too hard - but it's even harder to judge restored books from a scan than unrestored.

I'm going with 6.5 - but I agree - FANTASTIC eye-appeal.

Man I wish I could afford one of these - I'll have to make do with my Alan Light reprint - inside the Mylar lit by a 40 watt bulb from several feet away I can pretend it's the real thing. insane.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

you line up my light reprints and my comic room starts to look like metropolis too.