• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAMOUS 1ST APPEARANCES....

60 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man #79

asm79.jpg

1st app The Prowler

Amazing Spider-Man #212

asm212.jpg

1st app Hydro-Man

Amazing Spider-Man #253

asm253.jpg

1st app The Rose

Amazing Spider-Man #256

asm256.jpg

1st app Puma

That's about all the 1st app's that I have scanned right now. Maybe have some more soon.

Here's one of my favorite first appearances ever:

Hi, I had been collecting comics especially golden age since 1985 and just recently got back into the hobby after some years.

I noticed that there is alot of talk of how bad restored comics are, it's almost a taboo. Eventually all golden books will have to be restored because of the natural elements even high priced paintings are restored or cleaned and there is not a problem with that. I understand that a heavy restored book with many chunks replaced is not as nice as an original but it still is what it is they are still rare(I agree these should be priced differently).. I don't see an original book say from the golden age having a cover cleaned is a big deal whats wrong with that?? nothing had been altered, fixed, repaired, or painted yet everyone seems to think this book should be priced less why?? I noticed that CGC grades some books with glue unrestored or some with minor touch up unrestored. I think when the slightest color touch is noticed it should be a restored book because the intent was to enhance the book yet some get away with the PURPLE grade and that is not fair. I read on mile high's web that Chuck does not agree with the changes in the grading policy and that is 100% true! how can a company come in and start changing everything around when collectors have relied on a certain formula to grade books for over thity years. All of a sudden that is not good anymore and the people who did grade by overstreets policy is now in the hole because a vf book is now a fine book due to the new policy do you realize the lost $$$'S collectors are suffering now??NOT FAIR...I guess that's why Nic Cage is getting out of the hobby! Sorry but I had express my views Thanks!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Chris

Here's one of my favorite first appearances ever:

Hi, I had been collecting comics especially golden age since 1985 and just recently got back into the hobby after some years.

I noticed that there is alot of talk of how bad restored comics are, it's almost a taboo. Eventually all golden books will have to be restored because of the natural elements even high priced paintings are restored or cleaned and there is not a problem with that. I understand that a heavy restored book with many chunks replaced is not as nice as an original but it still is what it is they are still rare(I agree these should be priced differently).. I don't see an original book say from the golden age having a cover cleaned is a big deal whats wrong with that?? nothing had been altered, fixed, repaired, or painted yet everyone seems to think this book should be priced less why?? I noticed that CGC grades some books with glue unrestored or some with minor touch up unrestored. I think when the slightest color touch is noticed it should be a restored book because the intent was to enhance the book yet some get away with the PURPLE grade and that is not fair. I read on mile high's web that Chuck does not agree with the changes in the grading policy and that is 100% true! how can a company come in and start changing everything around when collectors have relied on a certain formula to grade books for over thity years. All of a sudden that is not good anymore and the people who did grade by overstreets policy is now in the hole because a vf book is now a fine book due to the new policy do you realize the lost $$$'S collectors are suffering now??NOT FAIR...I guess that's why Nic Cage is getting out of the hobby! Sorry but I had express my views Thanks!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Chris

You're my boy (a)Blue you're my boy !!!