• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions
14 14

1,190 posts in this topic

Cant throw someone under the bus without giving them a chance to respond.

Its only fair and just. I would want the benefit of the doubt first from any buyer from

me as well. Just wanted to make sure this was the right place should it come to

that.

"response"

`gee I am real sorry I didn't put any packaging to protect the book you bought'

example pics

th_28002.jpg th_28003.jpg th_28001.jpg

`what do you mean it was packaged poorly? There wasn't any bubble wrap or anything? I dont know how this could have happened'

Fine at this point I dont care just irritated at the lack of packing by a seller on here.

So here is the deal. I bought the book pictured below in VF/NM to NM- condition.

So the Seller charged me $5 for shipping + $10 for book. I payed him + $.50 to cover his paypal fees as I do most sellers on here this was my choice he didnt ask for it. I did ask him to pack it well and add some cardboard so it wont get bent.

The book arrived in a re-used manilla enveloped, boarded and bagged with two slices of thin cardboard inside which got corner dinged and didnt save the book as you can tell by the scan.

Now If I payed $3.00 for shipping or somewhere around that it got damaged like this fine I can live with because he did at least have Do Not Bend on it, but I payed $5 + I covered his paypal fees. I know this book is not a huge amount, but man I have never recieved a book like this from any seller on here in 4 years or so of buying.

mailer.jpg

tt2.jpg

Edited by Fastballspecial

How long do they stay on the probation list for?

Just wondered thx

herc

Until the action in question is rectified or forgiven.

This word bothers me for some reason . . . :sick:lol

lol

I guess I could rectify that hm

A more proper use of the word in a sentence might be: Harry Reid could not rectify Nancy Pelosi's stimulus package. :o

I have to agree, plain envelopes are lame and pretty much a death sentence for a comic. I have never recieved a book in a plain envelope without some type of damage. Even the cardboard priority mail ones suck, padded envelopes are much better, of course a box with bubble wrap is best.

I would think everyone should be aware that mail is sorted by machines and often dropped from a pretty good height, usually on a corner, if the cardboard is thin, or the book not secured to the cardboard, you get a dinged corner without fail. I always have them stamp fragile on the boxes, and the postal worker just laughs. :P

I have to agree, plain envelopes are lame and pretty much a death sentence for a comic. I have never recieved a book in a plain envelope without some type of damage. Even the cardboard priority mail ones suck, padded envelopes are much better, of course a box with bubble wrap is best.

I would think everyone should be aware that mail is sorted by machines and often dropped from a pretty good height, usually on a corner, if the cardboard is thin, or the book not secured to the cardboard, you get a dinged corner without fail. I always have them stamp fragile on the boxes, and the postal worker just laughs. :P

I'm more a buyer than a seller, but I get lots of books in plain envelopes or priority envelopes and I've never had a problem if the book is secured between stiff cardboard. (shrug)

I did have one where there was a corner crunch, but that was because the seller did not secure the book to the cardboard and it slipped out and got hit.

I also had one envelope that had literally been run through with something, as if Conan had taken a sword to it. A box wouldn't have mattered. lol

Fine at this point I dont care just irritated at the lack of packing by a seller on here.

So here is the deal. I bought the book pictured below in VF/NM to NM- condition.

So the Seller charged me $5 for shipping + $10 for book. I payed him + $.50 to cover his paypal fees as I do most sellers on here this was my choice he didnt ask for it. I did ask him to pack it well and add some cardboard so it wont get bent.

The book arrived in a re-used manilla enveloped, boarded and bagged with two slices of thin cardboard inside which got corner dinged and didnt save the book as you can tell by the scan.

Now If I payed $3.00 for shipping or somewhere around that it got damaged like this fine I can live with because he did at least have Do Not Bend on it, but I payed $5 + I covered his paypal fees. I know this book is not a huge amount, but man I have never recieved a book like this from any seller on here in 4 years or so of buying.

I would be annoyed too! I hope the seller will take care of this for you.

Oh, and if I charge $5.00 for shipping I'm sending it via Flat Rate Priority Mail envelope sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard. I always give my eBay buyers the option of Priority or 1st Class - $5.00 for Priority, $3.00 for 1st Class. I can't see charging anybody $5.00 for 1st Class or Media Mail shipping. (tsk)

I think I've (seriously) ordered from both these guys with the lack of packaging displayed. The empty box was classic, with the sandwiched book rattling around inside - I did say something to the seller, but I'm pretty sure he was a one or two listing wonder.

If people would buy a postal scale, and use bubble wrap and a smaller USPS shirtbox, you can ship 1-2 books in a well packaged priority box for under $5.

I think I've (seriously) ordered from both these guys with the lack of packaging displayed. The empty box was classic, with the sandwiched book rattling around inside - I did say something to the seller, but I'm pretty sure he was a one or two listing wonder.

If people would buy a postal scale, and use bubble wrap and a smaller USPS shirtbox, you can ship 1-2 books in a well packaged priority box for under $5.

Best purchase I bought was a 75lbs and under USPS postal scale.

Best purchase I bought was a 75lbs and under USPS postal scale.

Me too - and since I buy postage on line, the only time I have to wait in line and interact with the USPS counterfolk (who are actually quite nice in my town) is when I make a sale to those dang foreigners.......

Otherwise, I do it all at home and shove it through the shipping slot at the P.O.

What a great time saver it has been :thumbsup:

I'm more a buyer than a seller, but I get lots of books in plain envelopes or priority envelopes and I've never had a problem if the book is secured between stiff cardboard. (shrug)

I won't say I have never received a book undamaged in an envelope, if they are secured well enough they sometimes survive, the odds of damage do go up in a plain envelope rather than a padded one. I even received a cgc slabbed book in an envelope once, that wasn't pretty.

Sometimes it is the mail carrier, my previous one was horrible, and would bend books in envelopes to fit them in the mail box, even bent 50 backing boards one time that were shipped in an envelope, and shoved them into the box, and I know that took some effort, because they were tough to get back out. At least they were good for storing the bent books. :(

A card with a $25.00 Gift Certificate to my mail carrier at X-Mas guaranty's my large envelopes and boxes get delivered to my door and not bent into my mailbox.

A small price to pay considering what could get damaged. (thumbs u

A card with a $25.00 Gift Certificate to my mail carrier at X-Mas guaranty's my large envelopes and boxes get delivered to my door and not bent into my mailbox.

:headbang: We do about the same thing, a $20 bill and a gift certificate to the movies for 2.

:headbang: We do about the same thing, a $20 bill and a gift certificate to the movies for 2.

Certainly nice gestures, but it is sad that you have to bribe someone to do their job properly. How would your job performance be if you depended on a bribe and didn't get one? lol

Certainly nice gestures, but it is sad that you have to bribe someone to do their job properly. How would your job performance be if you depended on a bribe and didn't get one? lol

My sentiments exactly. So the USPS basic service is "beat but complete". A little extra under the table and they'll resolve the "beat" part for you. meh

I guess I will start asking sellers to send in boxes again. Never had a book in a box well packed every get damaged. Manilla Envelopes are death sentence for a comic book. As a seller I would never brag about shipping this route even with 4 pieces of sturdy cardboard. I know several do it, but as a seller myself I prefer a little higher shipping because I use bubble wrap with cardboard and then pack it safely in a box.

so what you guys are saying is no one should receive X-mas bonuses for a job well done :o

Not at all. I give my Postal worker a tip because I appreciate his service. I do not expect anything extra in return for it though. So much of the damage that occurs to items in the mail happens before it hits my carrier's hands, and is a result of USPS systemic mail processing.