• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions
14 14

1,190 posts in this topic

I've bought from Filter before too, with no problems. Hopefully this is just a momentary lapse on his part. As far as comicsupply goes, I did eventually get a refund from him, after a few emails that threatened legal action. He blamed Paypal, saying he never got the email which said I had paid :whatev: . I guess he never got the emails I sent asking where my stuff was, either. Darn internet! :P

I noticed in the latest iteration of the probation list there's mention of a 'hall of shame'. What's that all about?

It means they froocked over so many buyers, that resolution is impossible to even do the accounting for. :(

Wow, then Comicsupply definitely belongs on that list, I would think.

Do I hear a second to the nomination? :)

I think it's nuts to even have comicsupply on this list - we're not talking about board member to board member transactions here, we're talking about people who made a purchase on a commercial website (that has absolutely nothing to do with the CGC boards). What's next? Can I get Mile High Comics on the list because the only time I purchased from them they sent me a bunch of overgraded books & refused to give me a refund? Or the ebay seller that stiffed me for $25 last year?

I've bought from Filter before too, with no problems. Hopefully this is just a momentary lapse on his part. As far as comicsupply goes, I did eventually get a refund from him, after a few emails that threatened legal action. He blamed Paypal, saying he never got the email which said I had paid :whatev: . I guess he never got the emails I sent asking where my stuff was, either. Darn internet! :P

I noticed in the latest iteration of the probation list there's mention of a 'hall of shame'. What's that all about?

It means they froocked over so many buyers, that resolution is impossible to even do the accounting for. :(

I think it's nuts to even have comicsupply on this list - we're not talking about board member to board member transactions here, we're talking about people who made a purchase on a commercial website (that has absolutely nothing to do with the CGC boards). What's next? Can I get Mile High Comics on the list because the only time I purchased from them they sent me a bunch of overgraded books & refused to give me a refund? Or the ebay seller that stiffed me for $25 last year?

I bought $300 of still undelivered Marvel Masterworks from him in a sales thread right on this site.

Mike

Give Adam a bit to get situated. I will try and help however I can. I spoke with him at NYCC and he was saying that he was a little behind right now. I also have books coming from him, but am not worried. I will try and see if I can get in touch with him. He is a super nice guy, and doubt he would ever try and get one over on someone for a few bucks.

I'm not really worried that he has scammed me, but things can fall between the cracks. A little communication is all that I ask.

Mike

My problem with him was on a forum sales thread.

Thanks.

The majority of Russ' problems have originated from transactions on this Board. You know...from an outside observer, you sure seem to making excuses for the guy lately... hm

Jim

I second the nomination :sumo:

BTW ComicSupply IS a member of the Boards, and the transaction/deal he failed to follow through with me with was made via PMs on these Boards. :gossip:

When people were dogging him out on the Boards in the past and I stuck up for him, he used to PM me, especially during the Hotflips/CS war that went on. I showed loyalty and support and he basically ripped me off of my measley $25...NOT much money, but it's the principle :sumo:

I second the nomination AND give the finger! :devil:

My problem with him was on a forum sales thread.

Thanks.

I stand corrected - I thought the dealings were outside of the board.

I wanted to keep this thread clean and posted a trail of what happened with Joker-Fish on the other thread. But I really would like an answer as to why only one person gave him the green light when there are 4 parties involved.

Link to history on Joker Fish

Great... I'm still waiting on my order but he did return one of my recent pm's. I contacted him early last week and he said he would e-mail me tracking info once he sent the books over the weekend. Now it's Monday and no word from him. It was a pretty big order too. :wishluck:

Give Adam a bit to get situated. I will try and help however I can. I spoke with him at NYCC and he was saying that he was a little behind right now. I also have books coming from him, but am not worried. I will try and see if I can get in touch with him. He is a super nice guy, and doubt he would ever try and get one over on someone for a few bucks.

I'm not really worried that he has scammed me, but things can fall between the cracks. A little communication is all that I ask.

Mike

Mike, did Adam not give you his phone number? GIve him a call. I bought a big big book recently from him, he had cashed the check. I gave him a call, and he immediately overnighted the book and all was well. Just give him a call.

I wanted to keep this thread clean and posted a trail of what happened with Joker-Fish on the other thread. But I really would like an answer as to why only one person gave him the green light when there are 4 parties involved.

Link to history on Joker Fish

Great... I'm still waiting on my order but he did return one of my recent pm's. I contacted him early last week and he said he would e-mail me tracking info once he sent the books over the weekend. Now it's Monday and no word from him. It was a pretty big order too. :wishluck:

Joker-fish is on-line checking his PMs right now

Mike

Mike, did Adam not give you his phone number? GIve him a call. I bought a big big book recently from him, he had cashed the check. I gave him a call, and he immediately overnighted the book and all was well. Just give him a call.

I personally think you guys are giving Adam too much leeway here. We all have personal problems that prevent us from getting things done in a timely manner but to me waiting a month to ship a book is just plain ridiculous. If I waited a month to ship a comic to a buyer through eBay they'd be screaming their heads off and I wouldn't blame them.

I really don't care how nice of a guy you are or how big of a you are. If I pay you promptly for a book I expect you to ship it within a reasonable amount of time - period. And reasonable to me is 1 to 2 weeks - not 1 to 2 months (unless you're shipping internationally).

For those of you who have paid for books and haven't received them after a couple of weeks you should be concerned. Having to call a guy just to remind him to ship your book is not good news. Neither is the lack of communication from the seller.

I think as a seller, and I have sold thousands of books on E-bay, you should state your shipping practices up front to avoid worrying your buyer and avoid the mystery of where your books are. After a book is sold I immediatley box it up an tag it. Its ready to go. Simply state in your rules. Money orders ship the next day. Personal checks are held ten to fourteen days before shipping. Once payment is recieved just send a E-mail stating its on the way. Then just dump the books in the mail. Hope everything works out here, and I'm sure it will.

DRX

Having to call a guy just to remind him to ship your book is not good news. Neither is the lack of communication from the seller.

true dat.

If I had to call every seller I bought a book from and beg for shipment I wouldn't buy another book.

Three pages without the "list"!! :sumo:

:sumo: 2/8/09 PROBATION UPDATE :sumo:

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

aaron568

(added 11/6/08)

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

ComicSupply

(added 10/28/08)

DarkKnight2K4

(added 4/24/08)

Dbostejano

(added 10/12/08)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

gilbertotorres

(added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

Henchman

(added 4/25/08)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Jmarch51

(added 2/14/08)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Marc Wolfe

(added 9/15/08)

matewan1990

(added 3/3/08)

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

NEXTLVL

(added 10/12/08)

rza808

(added 12/29/08)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SIXX_VAN_ROSE

(added 11/7/08)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

Superman20

(added 12/18/07)

THATONEGUY

(added 1/11/08)

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

$4000.00 scam!!! :sumo:

hello all...

I just left Adam/Filter81 a voice mail (he is on the road traveling back from NY)... I am certainly not going to make ANY excuses on his behalf, but if anyone knows what has happened to Adam in the past month, well, I think everyone that bought from him "would" give him some leeway (in response to someone posting not to give leeway)...hopefully his years of selling great books on this board, has earned him that...

on the flipside, communication is the key, and Monkeyman has every right to be concerned, due to lack of it...so, hopefully Adam will get in touch with you in the next day or so, and clear it right up (thumbs u

rick

Before this spins into a giant mess, I have stayed in touch with everyone on the shipping situation, and books are going out today.

Everyone take a deep breath now ????

Loothy! You got some 'splainin' to do! :sumo:lol

Before this spins into a giant mess, I have stayed in touch with everyone on the shipping situation, and books are going out today.

Everyone take a deep breath now ????

Loothy! You got some 'splainin' to do! :sumo:lol

I am happy to report that Joker-Fish has mailed my books and provided a tracking number as well. So I am guessing that everyone else will get their info shortly.

Mike

I personally think you guys are giving Adam too much leeway here. We all have personal problems that prevent us from getting things done in a timely manner but to me waiting a month to ship a book is just plain ridiculous. If I waited a month to ship a comic to a buyer through eBay they'd be screaming their heads off and I wouldn't blame them.

I really don't care how nice of a guy you are or how big of a you are. If I pay you promptly for a book I expect you to ship it within a reasonable amount of time - period. And reasonable to me is 1 to 2 weeks - not 1 to 2 months (unless you're shipping internationally).

For those of you who have paid for books and haven't received them after a couple of weeks you should be concerned. Having to call a guy just to remind him to ship your book is not good news. Neither is the lack of communication from the seller.

:o

Reasonable to me is 1-2 days!

(Well, at least, that's how I roll... :devil: )