• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gemma made my day

30 posts in this topic

Nice freaking book.Any chance it hasn't been manipulated?

Parade, meet Mr. Rain.

What the hell is going on on the boards these days with everyone feeling free to just publicly dump on other people's books, particularly in their threads? mad.gif

Parade, meet Mr. Rain.

What the hell is going on on the boards these days with everyone feeling free to just publicly dump on other people's books, particularly in their threads? mad.gif

I agree Tim.

Parade, meet Mr. Rain.

I agree Tim.

Arex & Tim, I see your points and agree to the extent that it's bad decourum to say, "dump on someone's thread". I'm the first to point the finger at myself (see the Batman #21 thread in Golden Age section ), but when asked in a mature manner it should be nothing more then fostering an educational awareness. I think it niave of hobbiests to expect all 9.4-9.8 SA books to be 100% pure ( to the purists ) I believe CGC still feels pressing isn't restoration, I personally don't see it as restoration. I know many others who don't either. The point is, books in such magnificent shape are most likely worked on in this manner. Nothing wrong with it. But people should realize books of this age don't stay in that condition on their own 100% of the time. The awareness to preserve books didn't come along for at least another decade ( mid 70's or so. )

Parade, meet Mr. Rain.

Happens all the time.

I had the same thing happen when oen of my books came back better than I thought!

I think the people are angry becasue their boyfriends left them..

Parade, meet Mr. Rain.

Happens all the time.

I had the same thing happen when oen of my books came back better than I thought!

I think the people are angry becasue their boyfriends left them..

and because she's w/ ares.

Parade, meet Mr. Rain.

I agree Tim.

Arex & Tim, I see your points and agree to the extent that it's bad decourum to say, "dump on someone's thread". I'm the first to point the finger at myself (see the Batman #21 thread in Golden Age section ), but when asked in a mature manner it should be nothing more then fostering an educational awareness. I think it niave of hobbiests to expect all 9.4-9.8 SA books to be 100% pure ( to the purists ) I believe CGC still feels pressing isn't restoration, I personally don't see it as restoration. I know many others who don't either. The point is, books in such magnificent shape are most likely worked on in this manner. Nothing wrong with it. But people should realize books of this age don't stay in that condition on their own 100% of the time. The awareness to preserve books didn't come along for at least another decade ( mid 70's or so. )

Dad, there's a clear line between feeling strongly about an issue and being a in an inappropriate context. If Mike had come on here to sell the book, then I think it he would be fair game for questions about restoration.

But he didn't. He came on here only to celebrate the good news about an unexpectedly good grade on his book. Full stop. Common courtesy dictates that if you don't have anything nice to say in that circumstance, then don't say anything at all. This is not the time for people to bring out their anti-pressing or anti-CGC agendas. I like Shad and get along with him fine, but I thought to immediately make a post implying that the book was restored was in poor taste.

Parade, meet Mr. Rain.

I agree Tim.

Dad, there's a clear line between feeling strongly about an issue and being a in an inappropriate context. If Mike had come on here to sell the book, then I think it he would be fair game for questions about restoration.

But he didn't. He came on here only to celebrate the good news about an unexpectedly good grade on his book. Full stop. Common courtesy dictates that if you don't have anything nice to say in that circumstance, then don't say anything at all. This is not the time for people to bring out their anti-pressing or anti-CGC agendas. I like Shad and get along with him fine, but I thought to immediately make a post implying that the book was restored was in poor taste.

Well said Tim. 893applaud-thumb.gif