• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**AGH**, My Bat #1 came back PURPLE, but I was able to trade it in for this....

291 posts in this topic

So, I was dissappointed frustrated.gifto find out that my Bat 1 (which I purchased a year ago as unrestored) had tear seals Christo_pull_hair.gifon the cover and came back 1 full grade lower than I had bought it as:

Pre CGC: cloud9.gif

Batman1FCGD2.jpg

Batman1BCGD2.jpg

Post CGC: frustrated.gif

Bat1MycopyCGC1.jpg

I could not get my $$ refunded to me, so I was extended a credit which I used towards this GEM headbang.gif

BIGTec33CGC4.jpg

Tec33CGC4.jpg

The pages are KILLER yay.gif

-Prime

Yeah, where did you exchange it? Are they reselling the comic? That'd be about the only Batman #1 I could ever afford. frown.gif

Metropolis has it...yah, I think they are reselling it but it's not on their website yet...it's a decent low grade Bat 1---if you don't mind the glue..

Yeah, where did you exchange it? Are they reselling the comic? That'd be about the only Batman #1 I could ever afford. frown.gif

Metropolis has it...yah, I think they are reselling it but it's not on their website yet...it's a decent low grade Bat 1---if you don't mind the glue..

I was just wondering how they missed that much glue in the first place. crazy.gif That's a bit sloppy. I don't know that it would affect the value much in that grade, but come on.

I was just wondering how they missed that much glue in the first place. crazy.gif That's a bit sloppy. I don't know that it would affect the value much in that grade, but come on.

Yah, the grade is the grade...I dunno confused-smiley-013.gif

<I could not get my $$ refunded to me>

Why was your $$ not refunded if you bought it as unrestored??? confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyhow, I think after all the dust is settled, you did damn good with that Tec 33. thumbsup2.gif

Oh, by the way, I once owned a Tec 33 in CGC Universal 4.5 (different copy) but I don't own it anymore... Now I really miss it! frown.gif Thanks a lot!!! Christo_pull_hair.gifwink.gif

<I could not get my $$ refunded to me>

Why was your $$ not refunded if you bought it as unrestored??? confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyhow, I think after all the dust is settled, you did damn good with that Tec 33. thumbsup2.gif

Oh, by the way, I once owned a Tec 33 in CGC Universal 4.5 (different copy) but I don't own it anymore... Now I really miss it! frown.gif Thanks a lot!!! Christo_pull_hair.gifwink.gif

hello all...

not trying to answer for PT, but I believe he bought the book last year, so it was beyond the return policy for a refund, but Metro is most excellent at standing behind their books, so they offer credit after a little while (even a year later!)...that is a great policy and safeguard they offer!

rick

Not yet, its coming (Peter wink.gif) Just don't call me Mary. grin.gif

Sorry Peter! I got you mixed up with Mr. Schomburg

"Shirley" you must be joking. 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

It could be worse! At least he got you confussed with a fellow Timely collecter! 27_laughing.gif