• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF #15 cgc 9.4.... so who is going to hit the BIN?

33 posts in this topic

No one is going to hit the BIN on Ebay, but, make no mistake about it, the book will "sell" for $150,000 or more (anyway, reports of the book transacting privately for at least that amount, and possibly being next offered by JP or Heritage). It has to if the high rolling players that all the upper echelon CGC dealers hope to keep hyping into the hobby on a continued basis to supplant the ones that will eventually lose interest, are going to venture in. It HAS to move at a big number, or it will appear that there is a large-scale resistance to paying a huge number for the Action 1 of the Silver age genre.

That's the key to successful show-biz. The thrills and spills have to get bigger and more spectacular or eventually no one shows up to buy tickets.

I pray for him that someone will hit the "buy it now" button, because don't forget that he have 9 children to feed grin.gif

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/dizneyart/

Say braces and make him cry!! tongue.gif

DAM the guy is already rich..braces are nothing to him

About me

Although the PGC MINT is new, I have been around a LONG time in the hobby. I started collecting in 1965 and became full time dealer in 1985. Over the years I made many friends in the hobby and eventually became a senior advisor to the Overstreet Price Guide and Grading Guide for several years running.

I sold my business last year so I could spend more time with my nine children, who sadly saw their Dad as "always busy" when they were younger.

Anyway, nine children are a bit more expensive than I had planned (just say braces and watch me cry!), so it is back to work I go - part time anyway. I say part time because I devote much of my time to ministry. My main thrust is in extensive study of early church history, as well as working with adults. Yes, I am a Christian and am thankful for God's love towards me. I am no better than anyone else, just another sinner saved and upheld by the incredible gift of God.

so it is back to work I go - part time anyway. I

I'm not sure how many of us would say, buying a few comic books from eBay / Heritage's website and putting it on our own website is WORK.

Heck, aren't all his books CGC'd. Therefore, he doesn't have to even grade books anymore.

I pray for him that someone will hit the "buy it now" button, because don't forget that he have 9 children to feed grin.gif

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/dizneyart/

Say braces and make him cry!! tongue.gif

DAM the guy is already rich..braces are nothing to him

About me

Although the PGC MINT is new, I have been around a LONG time in the hobby. I started collecting in 1965 and became full time dealer in 1985. Over the years I made many friends in the hobby and eventually became a senior advisor to the Overstreet Price Guide and Grading Guide for several years running.

I sold my business last year so I could spend more time with my nine children, who sadly saw their Dad as "always busy" when they were younger.

Anyway, nine children are a bit more expensive than I had planned (just say braces and watch me cry!), so it is back to work I go - part time anyway. I say part time because I devote much of my time to ministry. My main thrust is in extensive study of early church history, as well as working with adults. Yes, I am a Christian and am thankful for God's love towards me. I am no better than anyone else, just another sinner saved and upheld by the incredible gift of God.

893Funny-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Let me get this straight Dave, you mean to tell me you weren't just talking out your [!@#%^&^], but in fact you knew what you were saying before you said it?

I guess that'll get em every time. wink.gif

Dave,DAM, whatever Do you actually think he can't afford braces for all of his 75 kids? The guy bought a FF 5 9.4 WM copy for 17K and sold it for 27+K,I mean com'on..these dealers cry poverty but yet,look at the books that thier selling.People don't usually admit that they have money.