• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to kiss some Paradise Butt

77 posts in this topic

I love how this post turned out. Those are some sweet books you guys got signed.

Myself, I got:

AMS 129 around a 6.0

X men 1 at around a 1.5 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

AMS 252 at around a 9.0

Ultimate Spiderman 1 white variant that was already slabbed (9.6) that Pete cracked open.

stan's sig truly makes the book so much sweeter. even an x-men at 1.5

Totally. I always figured I would rather have the book in whatever condition, than not have it at all. Stan signing it and it getting a yellow label just makes it that much more awesome.

The only thing that blows about all this, is the wait.

I submitted my Cap #100 cgc 9.0 and my ASM #100 cgc 9.0 already signed by Romita.

cap america 100 cloud9.gif

capamer100frnt85.jpg

awesome looking book! i can't wait to get the 2 i sent. one is cgc 7.5, and the other was raw, so we'll see!

The waiting will be tough. I sent him a bunch of mid-grade books, including a Daredevil #1 6.0, an FF #4 5.5, and FF #5 4.5, a TTA #35 5.0, a TOS 52 about FINE, a Strange Tales #110 about FINE, a JIM #83 in 4.0, an FF #52 in 6.0, and a TOS 39 in 4.5.

Next time around I hope to finish off the keys -- Sgt. Fury 1, Avengers 1 and 57, AF 15, Hulk 1, X-Men 1 and 4, and a few others. I already have an FF 1 3.0, an Avengers 4 4.5, and an FF 13 4.0 in the house! My goal is to get all the early SA keys....wish me luck 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Dan

The waiting will be tough. I sent him a bunch of mid-grade books, including a Daredevil #1 6.0, an FF #4 5.5, and FF #5 4.5, a TTA #35 5.0, a TOS 52 about FINE, a Strange Tales #110 about FINE, a JIM #83 in 4.0, an FF #52 in 6.0, and a TOS 39 in 4.5.

Next time around I hope to finish off the keys -- Sgt. Fury 1, Avengers 1 and 57, AF 15, Hulk 1, X-Men 1 and 4, and a few others. I already have an FF 1 3.0, an Avengers 4 4.5, and an FF 13 4.0 in the house! My goal is to get all the early SA keys....wish me luck 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Dan

holy cow dude

good luck!

i cant imagine the return value you're getting on those too!

What happens now is that the books are now with CGC for grading and encapsulation.

Turnaround times will vary based on the tiers the books fall under. Economy tier will take the longest.

What happens now is that the books are now with CGC for grading and encapsulation.

Turnaround times will vary based on the tiers the books fall under. Economy tier will take the longest.

sounds great to me

just to clarify, which tier is used for SA books?

Most Silver Age books fall into the Economy Tier.

Economy is used for pre-1975 books that are valued under $250

Standard is used for pre-1975 books that are valued $251-1000

Express is used for pre-1975 books that are valued $1001-4000

Most Silver Age books fall into the Economy Tier.

Economy is used for pre-1975 books that are valued under $250

Standard is used for pre-1975 books that are valued $251-1000

Express is used for pre-1975 books that are valued $1001-4000

thanks for that.

you mentioned that economy also takes the longest. i've never submitted a SA book before, so what kind of turn around time are we looking at?

Expected turnaround time for economy tier is approximately 40 business days.

So please, if you are having your books shipped to Paradise, don't start calling Paradise looking for your Economy Tier submissions until early June (at the earliest).

Expected turnaround times for the various tiers should be posted somewhere on the www.cgccomics.com site.