• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sentimental Grails

28 posts in this topic

for me ti's Tales of Suspense #63 - Origin of Cap

I've always had the image of Captain America above the Steve Rogers bruned in my mind with ORIGIN in the background

now I actually own a couple copies of the issue because I like it so much

I've got a couple sentimental favorites.

Amazing Spider-Man 19 was the first true "back issue" I ever got (bought it when I was 11).

FF 48 was the last issue I got with my dad (the person who encouraged my collecting) before he died.

Both of those books will never, ever, leave my collection.

My personal collecting grail is Amazing Fantasy 15, I have 2 of them, and my collection finally feels legit. smile.gif

I think Punisher War journal kicked things off from casual observer, and part time reader, to the heights of ruthless HG ebay/ped/clink sniper.

The first 10 issues of the punisher reg series were seriously bad-arz, and just lead to hunting out equally great reads.

The biggest mind blow was seeing a copy Silver Surfer #4 first time all the way from SD con, and reading it in the flesh (ergo, not a repo) was even better.

Once a friend of mine gave me a MTIO # 35 for christmas I thought he was high (and he was but that is besides the point) ----===--====-== it was my own copy that I had parted with over the years and he found it in a LCS and gave it to me after like 20 years, it was neat it still has my markings and I even wrote my name in it (first and last of course) . I want to get it slabbed eventually. especially if they note "xx name inside first page) and I avoid the GLOD ~lol~ I even used a hole puncher and red crayon - de da dee!

One I don't own is Action # 1 when I bought my personal run of X-Men 1-150 and Iron Fist 1-15 the dealer had 5 copies of action 1 in the vault he brought the X 1 out of. If I hadn't been 13 I probably would have bought all 5 Action 1's but I was excited about the X-Men and wasn't into DC or investing at the time.