• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM 33

15 posts in this topic

At least I'm not alone in being perplexed.

In hand, ignoring the crease, I think it's probably an 8.0-8.5

But that crease has to bump it down, by the book, to the 5.0 range. To me, that's just not right. frown.gif

You guys are brutal! The crease is long, but it doesn't jump off the page like it would on a black cover. If someone offered me this book for a reasonable Fine price (and if I collected ASM) I'd grab it. The QP is good and the general presentation is also very good.

Mike

You guys are brutal! The crease is long, but it doesn't jump off the page like it would on a black cover. If someone offered me this book for a reasonable Fine price (and if I collected ASM) I'd grab it. The QP is good and the general presentation is also very good.

Mike

I have lots of books that have a low technical grade with great eye appeal. They make for a great bargain. thumbsup2.gif

I trust that you paid near the technical grade. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Beautiful book!

Mike

I have lots of books that have a low technical grade with great eye appeal. They make for a great bargain. thumbsup2.gif

I trust that you paid near the technical grade. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Beautiful book!

Yeah, I bought it as a VG+.

Technically, I would say VG+, for the reasons others have stated.

In the real world, defects like this are things in themselves. I can see a collector saying, "Boy, this is an incredibly tight copy, and if not for that crease, it would be a stunning copy. I want it and will pay Fine+ for it."

On the other hand, I can see someone saying "That crease just ruins it for me. Yes, it's a beautiful copy otherwise, but I just don't want that in my collection."

Conclusion? It's worth what someone is willing to pay. The market rules.