• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Group shot pics....

284 posts in this topic

My digital camera is with my girlfriend but I have a slideshow of my recently started GA/pre-code collection:

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/j...=1175171810.pbw

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/j...=1175172010.pbw

And a little Enemy Ace and a gorrilla:

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/j...=1175172529.pbw

wow, that is cool, I have to figure out how to do that

Just click the slideshow feature in photobucket and it basically does it for you.

It seems like a lot of guys have a hard on for one particular issue or another.

I'm no different.

But is this some little offshoot from the general OCD that is collecting?

Should we attempt to categorise things a touch...

1-4 copies. ...you not really trying are you.

5-10 copies. ...Ok, now your talking.

11-20 copies ...let's call you a Deathlock wannabe.

21-50 copies ...ya your cool, but you still regularly ask your mum's advice on dressing tips.

51-1000 copies ....your the full Cal!

I'm no different.

21-50 copies ...ya your cool, but you still regularly ask your mum's advice on dressing tips.

my actual "goal" (if you want to call it that) is to have 300 copies of batman 300...

it is 1)attainable, 2) not very expensive 3)something to hunt for (after all, isn't the hunt half the fun of collecting)

rick

I'm no different.

my actual "goal" (if you want to call it that) is to have 300 copies of batman 300...

it is 1)attainable, 2) not very expensive 3)something to hunt for (after all, isn't the hunt half the fun of collecting)

rick

For the 'what the hey' factor, most certainly go with what tickles your fancy. But 300 copies... that is definitely a little Cal-ish.

Which I did see he's posted a request for a 9.8 copy of his fave. Something that is going to cost him a bundle! Your's at least won't drive you into the poor house... the nut house, maybe, the poor house no.

Actaully all jokes aside, go for it. It's a collecting goal the same as any other. And your far from being alone in this kind of pursuit.

And if at any point in the future and someone quizzes you on some minute aspect of the book, and you don't get it right, word for word, pen stroke for pen stroke... well! 893whatthe.gif

I know, I have bid on a couple of copies but have yet to land it. I REALLY want to read October Game. I still haven't been able to track down Bradbury's orignal short story either. The only place I found it was in a collection of his complete works, which I didn't buy because I have so much of his stuff already.

Did you try Googling it?

Hey Bill. I did Google it awhile back and I did find an online copy, but I really want to read it in print in a book. I think certain stories lose something when you read them on a computer screen, and I bet that's one of them. If I still can't find it by this October, I will probably have to print it out. Thanks though!

Cool EC run testinadical 893applaud-thumb.gif , i hope to have all ECs someday cloud9.gif

Part of my EC , i received two more since that shot grin.gif

aaa1.jpg

part of my ASM run

P1010002.jpg

P1010004.jpg

small group tongue.gif

P1010028.jpg

FF yay.gif

P1010001.jpg

ff Rules headbang.gif

00015454.jpg

in memoriam tongue.gif, high grade Cap except two of them in 7.0/7.5 and 100 in 8.0

P1010003-1.jpg

Silver Age group shot insane.gif

P1010012-1.jpg

CK59, question: in the group shot, in the red bucket, one "book" stands out, the brown one. Is that an original mailer? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I've got one original EC mailer from 1954 and it kinda looks like that in my long box too. But you say those are all Silver Age books?

no that's not an original mailer , just a cardboard ,you're really an EC addictive 27_laughing.gif , Nothing better than a good EC, after that board are my FF run, and mostly ASM in the blue one

I know, I have bid on a couple of copies but have yet to land it. I REALLY want to read October Game. I still haven't been able to track down Bradbury's orignal short story either. The only place I found it was in a collection of his complete works, which I didn't buy because I have so much of his stuff already.

Did you try Googling it?

Hey Bill. I did Google it awhile back and I did find an online copy, but I really want to read it in print in a book. I think certain stories lose something when you read them on a computer screen, and I bet that's one of them. If I still can't find it by this October, I will probably have to print it out. Thanks though!

I read it in less than 10 mins and don't think anyone would get much more out of it if it were on paper (it's short). But whatever floats your boat. thumbsup2.gif