• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snipe Software recommendation

11 posts in this topic

Looking for a recommendation on a snipe software to run on my PC (not looking for a service to incur fees with). I'd be very interested in hearing feedback from other forum members rather than realize the software I selected is buggy and caused me to lose that book I really wanted.

Any feedback (positive or negative) on snipe software is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

I understand that.

But I don't just go putting my password into a program blindly.

It would be nice to have someone back it up.

Someone that has used it for quite a while.

Someone that hasn't had their account taken over. makepoint.gif

I use AuctionSentry myself. It seems to do the job. (And it was cheap at the time- $10)

Here's an old list of sniping software (still pertinent though). That AuctionMagic link for $12.95 seems to be a better deal. I might check it out myself.

Auction Bytes list of Sniping software and Sniping Services

Has anyone tried this software?

It may just be me, but I'm a little cautious about putting my eBay ID and password into a third party program.

makepoint.gif

I use it all the time, which is why I recommended it. I just didn't feel like writing a long testimonial. I hoped that my A+ grade would suffice smile.gif

I use merlin too and it's always worked great. And to give credit where it's due, comicinvestor/joe collector/?? is the one that turned me onto it. The software resides on your machine, so you need to be "online" for it to work. I guess there are other snipe services/programs that you "send" your user id and password to, but those types are against ebay rules.