• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your thoughts on...

21 posts in this topic

...the recent 2nd printing, "Supposed" short print, of DC books. Gimmick?? Or are consumers themselves fueling the fire?

I am a DC nut and I personally think that it is a gimmick.....but if there is something rare then people have to have it and therefore push the prices through the roof.

Well, in short...Batman 608,612 2nd Printing. Currently Teen Titans, same scenario.

And I guess Marvels "Second Chance" or books would apply....Trouble.

Seems to be trend.

Seem to always cause a buzz.

If I remember right I think Batman #608 2nd print is higher in price now isn't it.....i think I remember seeing that in Wizard's price guide.....but then again I could be wrong as I dont have it with me right now.

Yes. Second print is $15. First is $12.

I guess all those second print books are hot now.

What's next?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You know...CGC .5 grade books are almost as rare as 10.0

This could be the one to watch.

stooges.gif

you know, generally print runs go down as second, third, etc printings get ordered...so will th evalue of printings ultimately depend on # of copies? or the order they were printed???

You might want to stock up on the Marvel Milestone books.

Could be the diamond in the rough. gossip.gif

I cant even remember which ones those were??

Those silver border books that reprinted all the key Marvel books from years past.

oh right.

I think youre being a tafd facetious, but werent those heavily printed in the early 90s boom times? And anyway, they're not second printings etc. that are new comics filled with reprints. They are probably not from the original pages either like most Marvel reprints of their first few years of books.

Ever look at the Essentials or other Marvel reprint trades? The earliest comics have been traced from printed comics since the pages nor stats were available for many of them

good question there.....I wonder how many issues of Batman #608 2nd print came out compared to the first print run.....there has to be a reason it is more now. 893frustrated.gif

The higher price and demand on the 2nd printing may be due to a cooler cover? Isn't the bAtman Dc direct statue based on the 2nd printing cover of batman 608? The batman 612 2nd printing has a neat b&w sketch cover

The higher price and demand on the 2nd printing may be due to a cooler cover? Isn't the bAtman Dc direct statue based on the 2nd printing cover of batman 608? The batman 612 2nd printing has a neat b&w sketch cover

Then Wizard Ace Editions will be the next hot books.

Nice covers on some of those books. sumo.gif

may be??? If print runs rule ultimately, some of these overpriced one day, dead as doornails "special limited manufactured collectibles" we see every month just might be the ones to own. I was arguing that way about the Batman 608 retailer giveaway a month ago. I think it will all depend on just how low the print runs were and of course, the characters involved. Batman yes. Captain Canuck, sorry.