• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this rarest Copper age X-men of them all?

38 posts in this topic

Nice job on the 270. I believe this one is the rarest X-men, but at I think it goes over into the Modern section though by a year or two. I could be wrong, but I have only seen like 3 of these ever. The gold reprints of 248, 275, and 270 are abundant. I would flip that 270 now before people start submitting them.

X-men 297

Is this rarest Copper age X-men of them all?

No, but this one is. poke2.gif

xmma.jpg

Thats quite a nice book you got there Drew.....when did you happen upon that 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm??? wink.gif

And as for the 2nd print X-Men #270, I currently have 3 raw copies myself and have a source for many others........ cool.gif

The 2nd prints of copper X-Men are currently pretty scarce on the census. I think the 248 & 275 have just one copy and 282 has just two. But, I think the census scarcity is more a result of lower submissions rather than true population scarcity. The Whitman Game gold covers to X-Men 297, 303 & 307 are much scarcer. I have a beautiful 307 to submit that could go 9.8 but I've never seen a copy of 303 above 9.0 and I believe that the 297 on eBay a while back that was originally listed as "NM/M" was later sold by the seller as "VF."

UncannyX-Men248BCGC9.jpgUncannyX-Men275BCGC9.jpgUncannyX-Men282GoldCGC9.jpg

The 2nd prints of copper X-Men are currently pretty scarce on the census. I think the 248 & 275 have just one copy and 282 has just two. But, I think the census scarcity is more a result of lower submissions rather than true population scarcity. The Whitman Game gold covers to X-Men 297, 303 & 307 are much scarcer. I have a beautiful 307 to submit that could go 9.8 but I've never seen a copy of 303 above 9.0 and I believe that the 297 on eBay a while back that was originally listed as "NM/M" was later sold by the seller as "VF."

UncannyX-Men248BCGC9.jpgUncannyX-Men275BCGC9.jpgUncannyX-Men282GoldCGC9.jpg

Nice books Steve. thumbsup2.gif

Wow, thanks for the info on the 303 and 307 I've got! I kept them aside because they were the only ones I'd ever found after seeing literally hundreds of the non-gold versions, but I never knew what exactly they were. I thought maybe they were some kind of dealer incentive or something. Glad I hung onto them! And before anyone asks, no they're not going to be 9.8's! They've been well enjoyed by someone before they got to me.

XMen303Gold.jpg

XMen307Gold.jpg

I wonder where this fits in as one of the rarest Copper Age X-men? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

comics007-1.jpg

Nice book! I think most consider 1994 to be modern age rather than copper but now that Joe Collector is gone, it's all love on the Copper Forum.

Which promo is that? it doesn't look familiar to me. The promo books are always scarcer than regular titles because of the much smaller print runs. And in many cases the quality of production or the nature of the promo (such as mailing in flexible envelopes or including in polybags with other materials) makes finding a high-grade copy very difficult.

But, because they are usually outside the main run, the demand for promos is fairly limited. When you have a promo book with a small print run, few 9.8s, and it is still part of the main storyline (like the Nabisco variant for Wolverine 145), you have all the makings for a high-demand, high-dollar book.

The promo is from Pro Action Magazine!! There is a X-men and Spiderman version. Each comic came with cards. However, the comics were attached to the magazine and are easliy damaged if not taken out correctly due to the low quality paper cover!!