• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Now Own a Complete Run of Amazing Spider-Man

82 posts in this topic

Someone better get noljoner the -1(flashback issue) before my head explodes. Nothing drives me crazier than when someone thinks Spidey is 1-441.

Do not even bother to collect every book with Spider-Man in it. It is impossible because:

There is no definitive list

Every week US books with him come out

Every day new books around the world with him come out

Resources are too limited

Craziness is simply cheaper

I'm getting an error page when I hit the link. Can you guys hook a brother up?

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat ASM Variants. Anfield and I occasionally find something interesting to converse on.

Yea, and they screw me on Ebay auctions with their fancy, schmancy, sniping tactics.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

I'm getting an error page when I hit the link. Can you guys hook a brother up?

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat ASM Variants. Anfield and I occasionally find something interesting to converse on.

Yea, and they screw me on Ebay auctions with their fancy, schmancy, sniping tactics.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Not me man. I don't have the money to compete with you. hail.gif

Well, ok, maybe one or two auctions tops............ confused-smiley-013.gif

Someone better get noljoner the -1(flashback issue) before my head explodes. Nothing drives me crazier than when someone thinks Spidey is 1-441.

It is... smirk.gif

It is... smirk.gif

I'm just about done my 1 to present run, and personally don't think annuals count after the first three or four becuase they are all reprints. Outside of the core title, I plan on picking up the first four annuals, AF15 and Spectacular #2 (Magazine). You could go crazy trying to pick up all the variants, giant-size, graphic novels etc..., so why try? confused-smiley-013.gif

Then, in 1984, at aged 12, I walked into a quick stop and picked up Spectacular Spider-Man 99, and Amazing Spider-Man 268 and 269. The rest, as they say, was history. I was hooked.

My Amazing Collection (and my Web and Spec.) all are original owner from 1984-current (with a small exodus from collecting around 1996-2001).

As to grade- My #1 is a VG- 3.0 ish. The majority of my Silver Age run is right around VG 4.0- VG+ 5.0. I like a good clean presenting book so no tape or major tears or pieces missing. I can stand creasing as long as it's minor/moderate. I don't mind a little bit of writing (date stamps, re-pricing), but hate notes and names written on covers.

My bronze age stuff is primarily 6.0-9.2. There's a few in there with moderate foxing that I bought as a lot that I'll probably replace.

My Coppers and Moderns are all VF-NM.

All in all, I'll probably replace less than 12 books in this current lot- I don't like buying books twice.

whew. I think that helps. Let me go see if there are any more questions to answer.

Exactly what I looked for grade wise when I put DareDevil together. You can still get nice, presentable books that don't bankrupt you.

Thanks for this info regarding your time frame, it helps put my own collecting obsession in perspective. Good to remind myself to stay focused and look at the long term goal. 23 years is not unreasonable for a full run at Detective.

It is... smirk.gif

I'm just about done my 1 to present run, and personally don't think annuals count after the first three or four becuase they are all reprints. Outside of the core title, I plan on picking up the first four annuals, AF15 and Spectacular #2 (Magazine). You could go crazy trying to pick up all the variants, giant-size, graphic novels etc..., so why try? confused-smiley-013.gif

Because it's a challenge? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Because it's a challenge? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

exactly. Why would I want to give up "collecting" Spider-Man (actively)? thumbsup2.gif

By the way, I just got another PM from someone who enjoyed this thread. Thanks to everybody who responded.

Of course if you run with the Variant crowd, be prepared to kiss your sanity good-bye. makepoint.gifcloud9.gifscrewy.gif

Let's just say I'm in absolutely no hurry.

That's also why I posted that I think I'm gonna go more the "completist" route.

Every American Comic Book Spider-Man appearance.

Note the qualifiers, "American" and "Comic Book" to keep some parameters on an otherwise already insane quest.

But again, no hurry. My current goal is to complete Avengers, then FF. Also, AF 15, TMNT 1, and upgrade my keys and get more!

Then, pursue Duck Books!

I should finish all of that in about fifteen more years. makepoint.gif

Do not even bother to collect every book with Spider-Man in it. It is impossible because:

There is no definitive list

Every week US books with him come out

Every day new books around the world with him come out

Resources are too limited

Craziness is simply cheaper

hail.gif