• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Now Own a Complete Run of Amazing Spider-Man

82 posts in this topic

Hmm, he said neither "full run" nor "complete collection." He indicated a "complete run." Also your assumption of "#1 to #539" excludes the -1, or flashback, issue, the 1/2 issue (although I think that was technically Spider-Man and not Amazing Spider-Man), and the ashcan. Do those count? There are countless others and rest assured, %90 of my post is just teasing.

First of all, congrats on the ASM collection. Secondly, I do not believe you. I am only being a super-pessimist about your collection because I am a super-duper-pessimist about my ASM collection. Complete runs of ANY collection usually need to be qualified. For example, do you have all of the price variants? Do you have all of the cover variants? Do you have all of the first, second, third, etc. prints? These are just a few questions that need to be asked when confronted with such a claim as having a "complete" run. It applies even moreso when that claim involves my own collecting bailiwick and object of desire.

Lastly, again, congrats on the run.

That was spooky, the way you channeled Ian Levine in your post. A chill went through me. spooky.

First of all, congrats on the ASM collection. Secondly, I do not believe you. I am only being a super-pessimist about your collection because I am a super-duper-pessimist about my ASM collection. Complete runs of ANY collection usually need to be qualified. For example, do you have all of the price variants? Do you have all of the cover variants? Do you have all of the first, second, third, etc. prints? These are just a few questions that need to be asked when confronted with such a claim as having a "complete" run. It applies even moreso when that claim involves my own collecting bailiwick and object of desire.

That was spooky, the way you channeled Ian Levine in your post. A chill went through me. spooky.

27_laughing.gif

Hmm, he said neither "full run" nor "complete collection." He indicated a "complete run." Also your assumption of "#1 to #539" excludes the -1, or flashback, issue, the 1/2 issue (although I think that was technically Spider-Man and not Amazing Spider-Man), and the ashcan. Do those count? There are countless others and rest assured, %90 of my post is just teasing.

perhaps by complete run, he meant a bit of both? 27_laughing.gif

with the stuff you mentioned, i just cant wait to see pics!

As of this purchase, just minutes ago, I am the proud owner of a complete run of Amazing Spider-Man up to the current back in black storyline!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Uutini!!!!

I'm leaving for Chicago in the next thirty minutes (live in MS), but will post a pic of collection when I get back (Thur, or Fri. of this week).

Nate. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Congratulations! That is wonderful accomplishment. AND he is from MS as well! Woohoo!! yay.gif

screwy.gif

Does he have the Spider-Man TV GUIDES?!?!?!?!1111

27_laughing.gif That was the first thing that popped into my head too.

Ian Levine? Never heard of him/her.

He's a board member that has accumulated EVERY and I do mean EVERY DC

ever published. Even the ones that come out every month and their variants and giveaways.

This total amount of comics is absolutely mind boggling.

needless to say, I am envious.

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

He's a board member that has accumulated EVERY and I do mean EVERY DC

ever published. Even the ones that come out every month and their variants and giveaways.

This total amount of comics is absolutely mind boggling.

needless to say, I am envious.

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

I've seen it.

And surprisingly it only takes up 4 walls of shelving in his collections room.

Albeit those shelves are approx 20-25' long, and 8' high, and those puppies are packed in tight.

But it is a bit daunting... I was all flustered as to where to start looking. Ian knew where each issue was... but it was like aladin's cave... where to start juggle.gif

Hey Guys. Thanks for all the kind words. I plan on responding to some of the posts/catcalls 27_laughing.gif soon, but wanted to try and post some pics now, if I could.

amazingspider-mancollectionandab-2.jpg

Here's where I store my "big books". Note the #1, 14 and 50.