• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bidnip screwed me

25 posts in this topic

I had four snipes in last night for readywit's Unexpecteds.

All snipes were higher than the winning bids. Some were considerably higher. I was shocked when I woke up this morning and saw that I had no e-mails from Ebay. I logged into Bidnip and all four snipes were still sitting there.

I e-mailed them and they replied that they were sorry and were having some problems last night. The gave me 30 free snipes.

Big f_____ deal. I REALLY wanted Unexpected159 and 160.

Congrats to the winners. You would have either lost or had to pay a lot more.

Same type of thing happened to me on a Sgt. Fury about 3 weeks ago. I had a much higher snipe set and when the snipe didnt go through i went to bidnip. It said my bid was too low 893whatthe.gif It was $25 or so higher than the winning bid. I was seriously pizzed off

Well...greggy and I both use bidnip and we both were sniping on the same books....I wonder if this was a bidnip limitation.... ???

I actually saw that the first bid didn't go through...so I made a last ditch effort at bidding manually....unfortunately I didn't place the bid in late enough and the bidder had a chance to overtake me. frown.gif

Same type of thing happened to me on a Sgt. Fury about 3 weeks ago. I had a much higher snipe set and when the snipe didnt go through i went to bidnip. It said my bid was too low 893whatthe.gif It was $25 or so higher than the winning bid. I was seriously pizzed off

Yep, happened to me last month, it's still in my watch box to remind me of what I missed . . . frown.gif

Try this - pay once $14.95, all bids are free.

The limitation is that you have to install the software locally, so your machine has to be on to run it. I paid like $12 for this years ago, and have won hundreds of auctions with it since then. I think it's failed me a handful of times but for a one-time fee under $15, it's worth consideration. thumbsup2.gif

The limitation is that you have to install the software locally, so your machine has to be on to run it. I paid like $12 for this years ago, and have won hundreds of auctions with it since then. I think it's failed me a handful of times but for a one-time fee under $15, it's worth consideration. thumbsup2.gif

Just hope your Internet connection dont die

I think the verdict for this kind of software is that 1. you need your computer to complete the bid and 2. software update snafus can cause misplaced bids...heavily documented here on the boards by other members.

We really hate it when snipes don't go through too. We're continuing to work on a completely new version of our server software to further minimize missed snipes. The new version should really help during the busiest times (Sunday evenings) when we have literally THOUSANDS of snipes per second going out.

Unfortunately, when only a few seconds are involved, _any_ delay can screw things up. Even when greater than 99.99% of snipes go through, that 0.01% really sucks, esp. when it's an item you really want.

Our new version is available for beta testing (we haven't publicly announced it yet, I'm just letting you guys know), so if you want to test it out, use the tech support form on BidNip.com and say you're interested in trying out the beta site.

Thanks,

Steve C.

BidNip.com

We really hate it when snipes don't go through too. We're continuing to work on a completely new version of our server software to further minimize missed snipes. The new version should really help during the busiest times (Sunday evenings) when we have literally THOUSANDS of snipes per second going out.

Unfortunately, when only a few seconds are involved, _any_ delay can screw things up. Even when greater than 99.99% of snipes go through, that 0.01% really sucks, esp. when it's an item you really want.

Our new version is available for beta testing (we haven't publicly announced it yet, I'm just letting you guys know), so if you want to test it out, use the tech support form on BidNip.com and say you're interested in trying out the beta site.

Thanks,

Steve C.

BidNip.com

Welcome to the boards! You folks provide a great service which has served me well!

Glad to have found you, for the hours of time saved in manually sniping.

Thanks,

Steve C.

BidNip.com

Hey Steve,

Thanks for throwin' in your hat . . . love your service!

-David

I switched from hammersnipe to bidnip some months ago, and have had absolutely no complaints.

the bidnip pricing structure suits me fine, mainly because my bids are usually on the more conservative level, no GPA records for me.

Thanks,

Steve C.

BidNip.com

Bidnip has never failed me cloud9.gif