• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help with Assessing Value

6 posts in this topic

Well, the time has come to include the comics with the renters insurance. However, my arrival from CGC yesterday has left me with a major question about how to assess the value for the book.

My CGC7.0 Whiz Comics is the only 7.0 copy. So I guess using GPA is actually out.

It's a 7.0 which means it falls between the Overstreet values for 6.0 and 8.0.

I don't know what the technical "Guide" value of this book would be given the above circumstances but I know you guys deal with rare books where this type of situation may be commonplace.

What's the procedure? Thanks in advance for the help as well-- it is always appreciated.

Just take out as much insurance as you feel comfortable for the collection as a whole, and in the unlucky event that you ever have to file a claim fo rloss you can all determine the value then based on it current value in the future.

Just take out as much insurance as you feel comfortable for the collection as a whole, and in the unlucky event that you ever have to file a claim fo rloss you can all determine the value then based on it current value in the future.

I have to do an itemized list for it. So I really need some point of reference for the value of the book in this case. (Also, just in general, it's good to know how to deal with this should I decide to sell the book or another book with the same type of scenario in the future.)

It seemed weird to me at first, but I think insurance companies have gotten saavy with regard to collectibles over the years.

hello all...

first, which whiz issue is it?...both fortunately, and unfortunately, most whiz issues are selling below guide right now (good to buy, bad if you are looking for appreciation)...

however, you typically arrive at a 7.0 price by adding the 6.0 and 8.0 prices together and dividing by 2...that works in many instances, but not all, and is sometimes books specific...

rick

yeah, I know. But right now they want a list for their records or they wont have anything to go by later. It protects both of you to keep it current so they arent thinking you are getting over on them, and you have alerted them to your ownership of particular items over a crtain value....but, I do not think they will hold you to the values you place on each book on this list because they vary.

Best to ask your broker exactly how they use the list, how binding its info is, and how they determine a payment value for a lost, stolen ar just damaged book.

hello all...

first, which whiz issue is it?...both fortunately, and unfortunately, most whiz issues are selling below guide right now (good to buy, bad if you are looking for appreciation)...

however, you typically arrive at a 7.0 price by adding the 6.0 and 8.0 prices together and dividing by 2...that works in many instances, but not all, and is sometimes books specific...

rick

It's issue 70. Nothing spectacular and would probably sell below guide. Appreciate the info, however. I think for the purposes of doing this, I'll just do as you suggested and add the 6 and 8 and half it. That seems reasonable enough!

Thanks again

-Rob-