• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neil Gaiman and 1602

98 posts in this topic

For a first issue, it was pretty good. It was, as other have said, a set-up issue. I really can't figure out how this isn't supposed to be a "Elseworlds" type story. To think that the current Marvel Universe characters are directly linked to this story is a little ambitious, IMO. I'll just treat it as an Elseworlds story, and enjoy it as that.

Also, to answer some questions....Yep, "Singing Murdock" mentioned the "Fantastik", an obvious reference to the FF. I believe Fury even says, "I wish Sir Reed were still alive". So, Richards is dead (maybe by the hand of Doom??).

I agree w/ Deathlok on the attacker. As soon as I saw him, I thought the Vulture. He even has the vertical stripes on his green outfit.

Also, nobody mentioned as a character appearing.....Angel. (I realize it's a very subtle reference. wink.gif)

Chris

BTW - What the F*** happened to League of Extraordinary Gents #6??? It was solicited for yesterday, but is now delayed! Practically ruined my day, and would have if not for 1602 and Fables. mad.gif

I enjoyed it. I have read almost no Marvels Comics for 15 years or so, but I though Gaiman did a good job with the characters and creating an atmosphere that was fun to read. Sure, it is all setup, but well done I thought.

What the F*** happened to League of Extraordinary Gents #6??? It was solicited for yesterday, but is now delayed! Practically ruined my day, and would have if not for 1602 and Fables. mad.gif

Considering the fact that O'neill said he had the pages with him at San Diego and they still needed a bit of "touch up", my guess is we'll have to wait another week or so. Damn that Moore with his conclusions... 893frustrated.gif

Also, to answer some questions....Yep, "Singing Murdock" mentioned the "Fantastik", an obvious reference to the FF. I believe Fury even says, "I wish Sir Reed were still alive". So, Richards is dead (maybe by the hand of Doom??).

he might not be dead and might just be "missing" so we might see him later on

1602 #2 has been cut from 40 to 32 pages. The price stays at $3.50

newsarama link

893scratchchin-thumb.gif hmmm. Hopefully this was a creative decision, or Gaiman at least was given the chance to gracefully make the changes (& assuming this was not simply a miscommunication about how long #2 originally was "supposed to" be). Reminds me of the early 70s when Marvel and DC would suddenly change formats, and panels/pages would be cut at the last minute! insane.gif

newsarama link

893scratchchin-thumb.gif hmmm. Hopefully this was a creative decision, or Gaiman at least was given the chance to gracefully make the changes (& assuming this was not simply a miscommunication about how long #2 originally was "supposed to" be). Reminds me of the early 70s when Marvel and DC would suddenly change formats, and panels/pages would be cut at the last minute! insane.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Or the "director's cut" will be coming to a store shelf near you shortly after you lay out your $3.50?

newsarama link

.. Story says

UPDATE: 1602 #2 was incorrectly solicited as 40 pages, but is 32 pages. The price stays at $3.50.

Reminds me of the early 70s when Marvel and DC would suddenly change formats, and panels/pages would be cut at the last minute! insane.gif

They just did something similar with X-Men: Ronin where its first issue was marked with 1 of 6 and then next issues said "2 of 5" confused-smiley-013.gifthe series ended with issue 5.