• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neil Gaiman and 1602

98 posts in this topic

Bonds

I'm Portuguese, but i moved to Paris some weeks ago...and regarding the comics department it's an 100000% imrpovement, but it's also a jungle, you lose one hot comic and you're in for a hole in your coll,lol.

Thanks for asking.

1602 #2 has been cut from 40 to 32 pages. The price stays at $3.50

newsarama link

893scratchchin-thumb.gif hmmm. Hopefully this was a creative decision, or Gaiman at least was given the chance to gracefully make the changes (& assuming this was not simply a miscommunication about how long #2 originally was "supposed to" be). Reminds me of the early 70s when Marvel and DC would suddenly change formats, and panels/pages would be cut at the last minute! insane.gif

When I spoke with him on Saturday he said this is just a "Marvel Policy". Each book would be shortened, with the first page being a recap of the previous issue.

He also wouldn't give any info on the contents of the box. But did say he says things start rolling around issue #3, and that he "started to feel comfortable with the story around issue #3".

He was very nice to talk to. His line-up was absolutely huge, but he still took the time to talk to everyone. Great guy. 893applaud-thumb.gif

893offtopic1.gif

Completely off the topic, but did you know the Warlord was the first DC comic I collected back when I was twelve. Eons and Eons ago. It is always nice to see a mutual fan.

Well then, I guess that makes two of us! smile.gif Wait, BB chimed in, so now there's three of us!

Actually Warlord wasn't the first DC comic I collected, but among the first. I've got every issue. Still have yours?

I remember picking the First Issue Special issues off the spinner rack at a supermarket starting with #1. (Segue explanation for non-Warlord fans -- FIS#8 introduced Warlord.) Reason that memory stuck with me is that I was confused when I found #2, #3, #4, etc etc. I couldn't understand why a comic that wasn't #1 still said First Issue Special on the cover. Somewhere along the line the light bulb finally clicked on that First Issue Special was the TITLE! tongue.gif

Well then, I guess that makes two of us! smile.gif Wait, BB chimed in, so now there's three of us!

Actually Warlord wasn't the first DC comic I collected, but among the first. I've got every issue. Still have yours?

I remember picking the First Issue Special issues off the spinner rack at a supermarket starting with #1. (Segue explanation for non-Warlord fans -- FIS#8 introduced Warlord.) Reason that memory stuck with me is that I was confused when I found #2, #3, #4, etc etc. I couldn't understand why a comic that wasn't #1 still said First Issue Special on the cover. Somewhere along the line the light bulb finally clicked on that First Issue Special was the TITLE! tongue.gif

Yes I still have mine although mind you, mom used to trash some of them so I had to fill in the gaps, but that's fun too.

Well After reading issue 2 its apperent that Rojas is Captain America after seeing him throw the shied, The inquisitor is Magneto, and the killer is the Vulture.

BUT WHO THE [!@#%^&^] IS VIRGINIA DARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!